Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) relates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134). Both courses are needed in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (EX200).
- Note for RH124, RH124VT, RH124RC versions of this course: This course teaches to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. If you are looking for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 content and labs, see our self-paced, online learning option.
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
Who Can Benefit
IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.