SLEDs have been talking about digital transformation for more than a decade but have been slow to move to cloud computing. Agencies stuck in legacy systems need the ability to handle desired digital demands, and that can only come about with modern technologies and IT professionals with the skills to operate them.
Whether you are an IT expert or want to talk about a particular IT training niche or industry topic, we invite you to share your knowledge through the ExitCertified blog.
Submitting informative, well-written content will increase the likelihood of getting published. Read on to find out the guidelines that will give you the best chance.
Content that is educational — think of a how-to guide.
Impress the Editing Team
Proofread and follow our writing tips below.
We have a list of 10 basic guidelines to follow to get content approved.
What We Are Looking For
Content that is educational — think of a how-to guide. Break down steps others can easily follow and incorporate teaching tools such as screenshots. Before starting to write your blog post, make sure you can answer the questions below:
- What can you teach others?
- What can you write to establish yourself as a true authority in the industry?
- How will your piece differ from what has already been published?
What We Won’t Publish
Poorly written articles that are difficult to read will be automatically disqualified. While you can offer advise based on relevant experience and link to helpful outside sources, please avoid the following:
- Articles with self-promotional links
- Opinion-based or editorial articles
- Articles that offer no value or do not align with our blog
How to Get Approved
Here is a summary of the 10 basic guidelines for approval:
- Submit original content
- Share actionable how-to information others can learn from
- Skip the basics – our audience is not new to the digital marketing field
- Link to credible resources to help the reader understand certain concepts
- Discard self-promotion
- Use relevant and timely research data where appropriate
- Offer a need and a valid solution(s)
- Show you are well-versed in the subject
- Focus on being technically accurate
- Justify your claims
Impress the Editing Team
Before sending your article, proofread to make sure your message is easily understood. Be prepared for editing while keeping in mind these helpful tips:
- Run your article through a grammar/spell checker
- Avoid contractions as they make you appear less credible
- Structure your post well by using headings and subheads accordingly
- Remain open to changes that will make your article amazing