Increase Your Career Potential with Microsoft Azure Certification
The Road to Success in Cloud Technology
Microsoft Azure is one of the most widely used public cloud services. With millions of Azure customers worldwide, there is a huge demand for Azure-trained IT professionals, so achieving an Azure certification can be your stepping stone to success and greater income in this rapidly growing and evolving cloud technology. Azure certification can help any IT professional — from beginners to experienced — learn new cloud skills, advance their careers and propel their organizations forward in the age of digital transformation.
Microsoft Azure Certification Supports the Changing Responsibilities in IT
Digital transformation is the evolutionary process of changing how organizations use technology to further their business goals. Digital, automated processes are streamlining tasks that were once manual, and cloud platforms and software are replacing legacy hardware and installed software. As a result of this shift, the roles and responsibilities of IT departments are changing as well. Modern IT roles are increasingly complex, requiring a diverse skill set. For example, IDC found that “while 100% of Azure solutions architects performed responsibilities related to Azure solutions architects, 24% also performed Azure data engineer responsibilities, 44% performed Azure administrator duties and 32% performed enterprise administrator duties.i” This means that individual IT roles now encompass a breadth of knowledge that has historically been the domain of a single discipline, like data architecture, cybersecurity, enterprise administration and more. Therefore, an effective Azure certification program needs to take a role-based approach to content.
Role-Based Training Programs Foster High Performance
With the rise of roles that span multiple IT responsibilities, practical training that focuses on a job or role is preferable to the academic, single-subject training that was common in the past. In the case of Azure certification, an effective program provides hands-on, practical training that empowers students to come out of training ready to apply what they have learned immediately. Like all cloud service providers, Microsoft supplies training vendors with certified training materials and certification paths that ensure students gain the skills and knowledge they need to improve their job performance and move into new roles. When properly educated through this role-based style of training, Microsoft-certified IT professionals performed 26 percent better across all roles than uncertified professionals who had the same responsibilitiesi.
Microsoft Azure Certification Yields Results
In a job market where IT roles cover a wide array of responsibilities, job-specific training pays off — no matter how focused the job title is. Based on a comparison of responsibilities, IT professionals who hold Azure certifications greatly outperform uncertified IT professionals.
· Azure data engineers spend 20 percent less elapsed time setting up the infrastructure and 33 percent less elapsed time training and evaluating machine learning models.
· Azure administrators are 55 percent more likely to be able to determine the scope of impact of a security issue with a virtual machine and 13 percent more likely to assign “the least privilege” to roles.
· Enterprise administrators spend 40 percent less time designing and implementing Microsoft 360 services and are 46 percent more likely to implement two-factor authentication.
· Security engineers have 37 percent fewer network-related security incidents that impact multiple devices and five percent fewer network-related security incidents that had system-wide impact.
These results illustrate that well-constructed, role-based IT certifications are proven to deliver on-the-job benefits. Individual contributors can use these findings to justify training and certification requests, and technology leaders can rely on Azure-certified professionals to help them build successful teams and effectively execute digital transformation initiativesi.
Increase Your Career Potential with a Microsoft Azure Certification
IT professionals who hold current Azure certifications generally earn more than uncertified professionals in comparable roles. Certified professionals also tend to achieve more dynamic roles in which they are trusted to lead and execute key transformation initiatives. These are clear indications that employers recognize the value of Azure-certified professionals. Achieving an Azure certification shows your leadership team that you:
· Have obtained a recognized benchmark of skills and demonstrated competence with Azure
· Carry an industry-approved credential and qualifications on the Azure platform
· Provide the credibility needed to advance into strategic assignments that rely on Azure
· Can demonstrate to customers that your organization is competent and comfortable with the Azure platform
· Can help meet the requirement for your company to become a Microsoft Gold or Silver Certified Partnerii
There are also personal benefits to achieving certification. Seventy-two percent of IT professionals surveyed believe that certifications make you more marketable and help you stand out in a competitive market. Forty-two percent experienced a salary increase after certification, and of those, their salary increased by an average of 23 percentii.
IT professionals view certifications as beneficial for many reasons, including:
· Verification of skills and proof of capabilities using the Microsoft Azure platform
· Enhanced career progression opportunities
· Improvement within current roles
· Increased industry knowledge
· Better job and task efficiencyii
The following Azure certifications are recommended as most likely to increase your value as an IT professional:
· Azure Solutions Architect Expert
· Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
· Azure Security Engineer Associate
· MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect
· Azure AI Engineer Associateii
Get Started With Microsoft Azure Certification Programs
ExitCertified provides a full range of vendor-approved training for Azure certifications. Our IT certification paths are designed to help you find the courses you need based on platform or product, job role and/or your level of experience. When you train in our facilities, you’ll find well-equipped classrooms and expert staff who are dedicated to making your learning experience comfortable and productive. And when you train remotely, you’ll see that our unique Individual Multimedia Video Presence (iMVP®) platform makes online learning every bit as engaging as the training you take in person.
Take the next step in your career with ExitCertified certification programs for Microsoft Azure.
i IDC White Paper, sponsored by Microsoft, “Benefits of Role-Based Certifications,” June 2020, https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE4Amym
ii Nigel Frank International, “Microsoft Azure Salary Survey,” 2020, https://www.nigelfrank.com/microsoft-azure-salary-survey/#download