New VEEAM Update 4 - Features and Training
To highlight some of the New! Content in U4, now Students learn to:
- Achieve unlimited capacity for long-term data retention via native object storage integrations with Amazon S3, Azure Blob Storage, IBM Cloud Object Storage, S3-compatible service providers or on-premises storage solutions with Veeam Cloud Tier
- Leverage cloud for backup, recovery and disaster recovery with high-speed, bi-directional data portability solutions reducing long term data costs,
- Leverage custom scripts and automation to streamline the GDPR (right to be forgotten) removal process by using Staged Restore to modify restores before you go live with them.
- Protect against Virus and Ransomware with Secure Restore
What is different in the new class?
- Overall, lectures take 20-30 minutes on average, followed up by Labs of about 30 minutes per module. This creates a much better learning and teaching experience, so a win-win
|VMCE 9.5 Update 3||VMCE 9.5 Update 4|
|Initial configuration||General Options|
|Protect||Creating VM Backups|
|Entire VM recovery||Creating Agent Backups|
|Object Recovery||Recovery from Backup|
|Intro to Agents||Creating Replicas|
|Advanced Data Protection||Recovery from Replicas|
|Veeam ONE Features and Functionalities||Creating Backup Copies|
|Product Editions||Creating Tape Backups|
|Troubleshooting||Backup Repository Functionality|
|Automated Recovery Testing|
|Cloud Connect Client Side|
|Backup Enterprise Manager|
|Configuration Backup and Restore|
|Common Issues and Support|
· How many days is the revised course?
· 3 Days
· Does the class cover everything I need to pass the exam?
· No, the class covers a lot of content examined in the class, but it is expected that you have a minimum of six months of commercial experience with Veeam. It is also advised that you review labs (ExitCertified (Tech Data) provides you six months of access to your labs), release notes, user guides, and demos to round out your knowledge.
· Which exam do I take?
· Take the U3 exam VMCE_V9: VEEAM Certified Engineer(VMCE 9.5) – VMCE_V9. If you have taken a VMCE class before July 1st through an Authorized Veeam Training Center.
i. This exam will be available through the end of the calendar year.
· Take the U4 exam VMCE_9.5_U4: Veeam CertifiedEngineer 9.5 U4 – VMCE_9.5_U4 when you have taken a class after July 1st.
· You will book your exam through the Veeam.com Single Sign-On with Pearson Vue they will be provided an option to select from the two available VMCE 9.5 exams.
· How does this impact my career?
· The VMCE v9 certification is documented proof that you possess the necessary level of expertise to deploy correctly, configure and administrate Veeam Availability Suite™ v9. It is a great investment for any IT professional looking to confidently increase productivity, reduce operating costs, and propel personal career advancement while achieving industry recognition.
· In addition to learning to maximize the functionality of a Veeam solution, VMCE Certified Engineers benefit from:
i. No, Wait Phone Support
ii. Expert Designation within the industry
iii. Use of the VMCE logo as appropriate