Organizations are increasingly integrating Mac computers into Windows or other standards-based network environments. But users and the IT professionals who support them can relax, because Mac integration is easy.
Upon completion of the Mac Integration Basics 11 course, students will be able to:
- Integrate a Mac into a Windows network environment.
- Configure a Mac to work with Active Directory.
- Take advantage of network services, file sharing, printing, instant messaging, email, calendars, and contacts.
- Provide security at the user, local-networking, and remote-networking levels.
- Migrate data from a Windows computer to a Mac.
- Back up data.
- Run Windows programs on a Mac.
Who Can Benefit
- Users who bring a Mac into organizations that predominantly use the Microsoft Windows operating system and Windows Server Essentials
- Users who replace a Windows computer with a Mac
- IT professionals who support Mac users in organizations that predominantly use Windows and Windows Server Essentials
To have the best learning experience with this course, you should understand how to use a Mac, a Windows computer, and computer peripherals
Lesson 1: Directory Services
- Connect a Mac to an Active Directory server.
Lesson 2: Share Files
- Connect to file servers
- Turn on personal file sharing
Lesson 3: Configure Collaborative Services
- Manage Internet Accounts preferences
- Connect to an Exchange Server
- Connect Mail to non-Windows servers
- Add accounts in Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
Lesson 4: Secure a Mac
- Built-In Security Features
- Create strong passwords
- Use two-factor authentication
- Set a firmware password
- Lock a Mac screen
- Create user accounts
- Disable automatic login
- Protect start-up disk files
- Ensure that the apps you download are safe
- Provide network security.
Lesson 5: Printing
- Connect to a local printer
- Connect to, share, and print from network printers
Lesson 6: Move and Back-Up Content
- Move content
- Back up content
Lesson 7: Running Windows on a Mac
- Run Windows natively or virtually
- Microsoft Office for macOS
- Cross-platform apps
- Cross-platform files