The Aruba Central instructor-led bootcamp is a lab intensive course designed to provide students the knowledge, skills and practical experience required to set up, configure and manage a network as a service offering. This 3-day course uses a combination of lecture and labs to give learners the technical capabilities of a Network Operation Center (NOC) staff and a Managed Service Provider (MPS) to support a cloud managed wired and wireless infrastructure. After completing this course students will be familiar with the Aruba Central management platform and have the skills to deploy and troubleshoot cloud managed devices.
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Understand the Aruba Central platform and the associated device management features
- Learn to configure Aruba instant access points and switches
- Learn to deploy Aruba instant access points and switches leveraging Aruba Central
- Monitor access points and switches
- Understand device onboarding and assignment
- Learn and use troubleshooting commands for instant access points and switches
- Learn to use the MSP Dashboard and switch between individual customer assets
- Understand and setup Visual RF for floorplan and device optimization
Who Can Benefit
This course is ideal for network operation center staff who want to dive deeper into Aruba Central and network administrators who need to manage customer devices as part of a managed service.
- Central cloud-based management features and advantages.
- Management options for IAP and Aruba Access Switches, Networking, Guest management, report generation and maintenance.
- Onboarding devise manually and using Zero touch or Cloud key.
- Smart phone installations, registering for a Central account and using a subscription to manage devices.
- Troubleshoot onboarding issues.
Groups, Sites, Labels
- Setting up groups for the configuration of devices.
- Device labels for monitoring, managing, and reporting purposes.
- Sites for installation, monitoring, managing, and reporting.
- Wlan wizard
- Wlan Vlan selection Wlan authentication Instant SSID
- Configuring Captive portal
- VLAN assignment and Guest Roles CP Page
- Splash page External CP
- Client GUI page Client view
- Support commands IAP logs
- IAP GUI view
- IAP Network View (WLAN) Spectrum Analysis AppRF
- Classification Attacks
- Rogue Detection Containment
- IDS monitoring and commands
- Backup and restore configuration reset
- IAP reset converting IAP to RAP / CAP Admin User Roles
- Centralized Management Options
IAP & Aruba Switch Configuration
- Using groups for configuration.
- Configuring a new WLAN with an access method.
- Naming AP’s.
- Introduction to guest access features including splash pages, authentication, configuring a Guest WLAN and monitoring guests on the network.
- Central management of Aruba Access Switches to configure, monitor and more.
Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Monitor and troubleshooting for groups and devices.
- Look at IAPs and clients and apply console commands.
- Use troubleshooting commands.
Clarity, Presence analytic and AppRF
- Application visibility into network activity.
- Clarity network analytics and insights.
- Presence Analytics insights into customer traffic.
- Setup visual RF floorplans for planning and monitoring.
- AP & client heat map verification.
- RF layout for new sites, and topology network layouts.
Administration and Maintenance
- Administrative user and custom pre-configured roles.
- Reports for viewing network information and compliance.
- Reporting on demand or periodically.
- Managing device firmware.
- Monitor logs for all deployed equipment.
Introduction to API and Certificates.