Google Search Engine Optimization Boot Camp
1. What is SEO
- History of SEO
- Google vs. everyone else
2. Current Situation
Activity - Looking at the tools that can help you access what your current situation is. Each participant will have their site put into a different tool so the entire group can see how they work.
- Where is your site today
- On-Site factors
- Off-Site factors
- Social Factors
- Assessing what's working and what's not
- Where are conversions coming from and why
- What parts of your site are dead
Activity - Deciding what are good key performance indicators. Starting with poor assumptions can lead to faulty goals. Activity - Ranking with and without personalization. With personalization now "always on" we'll go over how to spread they way you influence personalized search.
- Choosing KPI's
4. Competitive Analysis
Activity - How to find your online competitors. Anyone can be an online competitor, even Wikipedia.
- Who are your real life competitors vs. Online competitors
- What to compare
- When to attack and when to stay put
Activity - Figuring out what your traffic strategy is.
- Rent vs. Own
- Attracting the right kind of traffic
- Head vs. long tail traffic
- Viral Traffic
Activity - How to pick the right keywords. With keyword data going away, it's crucial that you understand what pages are for what keywords on your site.
- How Google views keywords
- Estimating traffic
- Estimating competitiveness
- Choosing keywords
- Short term vs. Long term keywords
- Keyword strategy
7. Content Audit
- Every page a King
- Evergreen content
- Content lifecycle
Activity - Finding the right analytics. A base install of Google Analytics is almost useless. We'll go over how to build a funnel and how to track it.
- Data based decisions
- Why "Visitors" isn't a KPI
- Conversion Funnel
- Tracking events
9. Search & Social
Activity - Stop choosing your social strategy by platform, choose your social strategy by the outcome you desire and the people you hope to influence.
- Social signals
- Engagement as a signal
10. Online Reputation Management
Activity - Google yourself, your brand and the executives. You are in control of your online reputation more than you imagine. You must learn to leave behind a trail.
- Perception is reality
- Your employees are your business
- Staying in control of the SERPs
- Crisis plan