Cisco AWS Integration v1.0 (CISAWS) is a five-day instructor led course that includes both lectures and hands-on labs. Students will learn how to use a suite of Cisco products to deploy a hybrid cloud environment that supports application workload mobility between a private Data Center deployed with 100% Cisco components and the AWS public cloud infrastructure. Cisco products featured in this course include: Cisco CSR 1000V, Cisco ASAv, Cisco CloudCenter, and Cisco Tetration. Throughout this course, the topic of security is stressed. Emphasis is placed on using Cisco products to provide the highest level of security in a Cisco/AWS hybrid cloud environment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand the modularization of compute, network and storage services in a cloud environment
- Understand the concept of application workload mobility
- Understand how to create a hybrid cloud connecting a Cisco powered private cloud with Amazon Web Services
- Understand and tour the Amazon Web Services eco-system
- Learn how to deploy the Cisco CSR 1000V in Amazon Web Services
- Learn how to interconnect a Cisco Private Cloud to Amazon Web Services using the Cisco CSR 1000V
- Learn how to deploy the Cisco ASAv in Amazon Web Services
- Learn how to deploy secure VPN interconnections between Amazon Web Services and a Cisco Private Cloud using the Cisco ASAv
- Learn how to migrate application workloads from Amazon Web Services to a Cisco Private Cloud using Cisco CloudCenter
- Learn how to monitor complex application dependencies in real time with Cisco Tetration in both a Cisco Private Cloud and in an Amazon Web Services public cloud environment
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for network and data center engineers who want to learn how to deploy a secure hybrid cloud between a Cisco powered private cloud and Amazon Web Services using Cisco products such as the Cisco CSR 1000V and the Cisco ASAv. Network and data center engineers will also learn how to migrate application workloads between a Cisco powered private cloud and Amazon Web Services using Cisco CloudCenter. Finally, network and data center engineer's monitor complex application workload dependencies in real time with Cisco Tetration in a secure hybrid cloud environment.
It is recommended that each student has the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- CCNA or Equivalent Experience in Cisco routing and Cisco ASA firewall concepts