Network Programmability for the Enterprise (NPEN) v1.0 is a four-day instructor led course. This course teaches how to automate common Cisco enterprise platforms such as IOS-XE and IOS-XR routers as well as ASA firewalls. This course also includes coverage of the automation capabilities of the APIC Enterprise Module or “APIC-EM”. Applying CCIE-style learning methods, the course places emphasis on learning via hands-on labs and hands-on demonstrations. The terms “proof-by-Python” and “proof-by-JSON or XML” will be used frequently throughout the course.
- Use Linux tools that empower network programmers
- Write and troubleshoot Python scripts in the specialized area of Network Programmability
- Understand and interact with Data Models on Cisco routers running IOS-XE and IOS-XR
- Understand and interact with REST, NETCONF and RESTCONF API’s on IOS-XE, IOS-XR and the ASA
- Understand and interact with XML and JSON on IOS-XE, IOS-XR and the ASA
- Understand and interact with the APIC-EM and its REST/SWAGGER interface
- Learn how to use DevOps tools such as GitHub, VIRL and services offered by Cisco DevNet
- Learn how to use Ansible to configure Cisco routers and firewalls
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for network engineers who want to learn how to deploy network programmability and automation using the following Cisco platforms: the Cisco routers running IOS-XE or IOS-XR, ASA firewalls, or the APIC Enterprise Module (APIC-EM).
- CCNP or Equivalent Experience
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) ELT or equivalent Python programming experience such as the Skyline-ATS IPWSP-NE course.