This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Boson practice exams, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
In this course, you will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, managing network devices, and identifying basic security threats. The goal of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure, and operate a small- to medium-sized network.
Now at version 3.0, Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v3.0 provides the foundational understanding of network Layers 1 through 3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies. Several topics have been added including; understanding the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, along with additional focus on IPv6 and basic network security.
This course can be followed by Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) v3.0, which covers topics in more depth and teaches you how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks, preparing learners for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
This course will enable you to:
- Prepare for the entry-level CCENT certification, which is the foundation for Cisco associate-level certifications and beyond
- Obtain the foundational understanding of network layers 1-3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies
- Develop basic routing and switching networking skills to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco networks for increased effectiveness and optimal performance within SMB settings
- Understand the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points
Support Cisco network deployments and maintain these services in an on-going operational network
- Network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage and secure network devices
- Expand small- to medium-sized networks
- IPv6 basics
Who Can Benefit
- Network administrators
- Network support engineers
- Network engineer associate
- Network specialist
- Network analyst
- Cisco channel partners
- Individuals pursing the CCNA Routing and Switching certification
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic address knowledge