The Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals is a ILT course, designed to help students prepare for the CCNA-Wireless certification, an associate level certification specializing in the wireless field. The WIFUND course and CCNA-Wireless certification is a prerequisite to the CCNP-Wireless (Cisco Certified Wireless Professional) curriculum. WIFUND curriculum will prepare wireless network associate for the use, positioning, planning, implementation and operation of Cisco WLAN networks. The goal of WIFUND is to provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to help design, install, configure, monitor and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise installations. As an associate level, the course aims at providing entry level information, and will not specialize in any of the advanced features of the Cisco WLAN networks solutions.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand the basic RF principles and characteristics.
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices.
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underlining infrastructure used to support it.
- Implement a Centralized wireless access network using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement a Converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect, Autonomous or Cloud architectures.
- Preform basic Wlan maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Describe the requirements for a WLAN design.
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting. This audience includes:
- Network engineers
- Network administrators
- Network managers system engineers
This section lists the skills and knowledge that learners must possess to benefit fully from the course. It includes recommended Cisco learning offerings that the learner may complete to benefit fully from this course. The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Parts 1 & 2 (ICND1 & ICND2), or
- Cisco CCENT certification