When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
Course overviewThis training teaches data modelers how to model data using data modules in IBMCognos Analytics. Users will learn how to create data modules from differentsources, such as uploaded...Read More
This training teaches data modelers how to model data using data modules in IBM
Cognos Analytics. Users will learn how to create data modules from different
sources, such as uploaded files. They will also identify how to customize their data
modules by adding joins, calculations, and filters. In addition, they will examine how
to group their data (for example, by using navigation paths), how to share their data
modules with others, and how to make use of some advanced modeling techniques,
such as relative date analysis.
Participants should have:
• Knowledge of your business requirements
• Previous experience building reports with IBM Cognos Analytics V11.1.x
Data modeling in IBM Cognos Analytics
• Identify how to create and use data modules
• Explore intent-driven modeling
• Describe the data modeling user interface
Create a data module
• Sources for data modules
• Create a new data module in IBM Cognos Analytics: high level steps
• Add and relink sources
• Enable data caching
Modify and refine a data module
• What happens when you create a data module?
• How can I modify and refine a data module?
• Modifying the graphic representation
Create relationship joins
• What are relationships?
• Create a relationship: high-level steps
• Modify relationships
• Create new tables
Customize data modules using filters and calculations
• Customizing a data module
• Creating filters
• Viewing, editing, and removing filters
• Creating calculations
• Cleaning data
• Using custom calculations
Group data and create navigation paths
• Group data
• Group on a numeric column
• Group on a text column
• Create a navigation path
Share a data module
• What happens when you share a data module?
Advanced data modeling techniques
• Perform relative date analysis: overview
• Using the sample calendars to enable relative date analysis
• Create a data module for relative date analysis
• Customizing the reference date for relative date analysis
• Deal with multiple grains of data
• Set security in data modules