When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course brings the benefit of predictive analytics to real business problems, allowing you to build custom applications tailored to your customers or industry. While applications are typically configured to solve very specific problems, all are based on a common set of capabilities: Automate decisions using business rules; add insight using predictive models; and use prioritization, optimization, or simulation to reach the best decision based on the above. A number of packaged applications are available, tailored to solving specific business problems.
The course will not only cover how to use the packaged applications, but also how to create your own applications, how Analytical Decision Management interplays with IBM SPSS Modeler (v18) and IBM SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services (v8), and how to deploy results for real-time.
Please refer to course overview
This course is intended for:
- Anyone with little or no experience in using Analytical Decision Management v18
- Anyone who is interested in using Decision Management techniques to help them make business decisions
- Anyone who is considering purchasing Analytical Decision Management v18
You should have:
- Experience using applications, such as word processors or spreadsheets, in the Microsoft Windows, Macintosh or Linux environment
- Experience with Analytical Decision Management v18 is not necessary, though a basic understanding of Decision Management theory and techniques is helpful
- Some familiarity with IBM SPSS Modeler and with Predictive, Clustering, and Association modeling is helpful
1. Introduction to Decision Management
- What is Decision Management-
- Why Use Decision Management-
- Analytical Decision Management
- Five Steps of Decision Management
- Use of Data
- Historical and Operational Data
- Classification Models
- User Defined Rules
- Deploying Models
2. A Sample Session: Managing Customer Interactions
- Five Steps in Decision Management
- Demonstration: A Marketing Call Center Business Case
3. Defining Data Sources
- Data Structure
- Field Storage
- Field Measurement Level
- Data Step
- Project Data Source
- Derived Tab
- Secondary Data Sources
- Compatibility of Data Sources
4. Defining Global Selections
- Adding Rules to Global Selections
- Defining and Sharing Rules
- Evaluating Rules
5. Creating Rules from Models
- Predictive Models
- Predictive Rule Models
- Clustering Models
- Association Models
- Automated Data Preparation & Partitioning
- Evaluating Models
6. Defining Outcomes
- Specify Project Duration
- Include / Exclude Cases from Project
- Define Action Categories
- Create Allocation Rules
7. Prioritize, Optimize and Combine Outcomes
- Selecting From Alternative Actions
- Prioritizing Outcomes
- Optimizing Outcomes
- Combining Outcomes
8. Deploying Models for Scoring
- Why Deploy the Project-
- Real Time Scoring Panel
- Batch Scoring Panel
- Scoring Configurations
- Using the Scoring View
9. Building a Custom Application
- Application Configuration
- Creating a New Application
10. Using Modeler Streams in ADM
- Using Modeler Streams
- Minimum Requirements for a Stream
- Using a Stream in a Project
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
Lunch is normally an hour long and begins at noon. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice are available all day in the kitchen. Fruit, muffins and bagels are served each morning. There are numerous restaurants near each of our centers, and some popular ones are indicated on the Area Map in the Student Welcome Handbooks - these can be picked up in the lobby or requested from one of our ExitCertified staff.
If someone should need to contact you while you are in class, please have them call the center telephone number and leave a message with the receptionist.
Most courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise specified. Some courses will have the word "FRENCH" marked in red beside the scheduled date(s) indicating the language of instruction.
GTR stands for Guaranteed to Run; if you see a course with this status, it means this event is confirmed to run. View our GTR page to see our full list of Guaranteed to Run courses.
We have training locations across the United States and Canada. View a full list of classroom training locations.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals, and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
As a vendor-authorized training partner, we offer a curriculum that our partners have vetted. We use the same course materials and facilitate the same labs as our vendor-delivered training. These courses are considered the gold standard and, as such, are priced accordingly.
It depends on your requirements, your role in your company, and your depth of knowledge. The good news about many of our learning paths, you can start from the fundamentals to highly specialized training.
We continuously work with our vendors to evaluate and refresh course material to reflect the latest training courses and best practices.
ExitCertified instructors have an average of 27 years of practical IT experience. They have also served as consultants for an average of 15 years. To stay up to date, instructors will at least spend 25 percent of their time learning new emerging technologies and courses.
Lab access is dependent on the vendor and the type of training you sign up for. However, many of our top vendors will provide lab access to students to test and practice. The course description will specify lab access.
We will work with you to identify training needs and areas of growth. We offer a variety of training methods, such as private group training, on-site of your choice, and virtually. We provide courses and certifications that are aligned with your business goals.
Getting started on a certification pathway depends on your goals and the vendor you choose to get certified in. Many vendors offer entry-level IT certification to advanced IT certification that can boost your career. To get access to certification vouchers and discounts, please contact Edu_customerexperience@techdata.com
You will get access to the PDF of course books and guides, but access to the recording and slides will depend on the vendor and type of training you receive.
Very good material, the instructor was clear explaining the topics, and the labs were easy to follow it.
Class was very informative, although one lab didnt but will try again later
Good Course. We covered a lot of material in a short amount of time. This course had useful labs that built upon each other.
The tool provided to practice the course teachings is very functional and easy to use.
The technical data in the AWS Solutions Architect course was very thorough.
0 options available