When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes:
- PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course
- Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace
This course is also available as classroom course IBM Cloud Pak for Automation, Installation and Administration (WB318G).
This course is designed to teach the skills that are needed to work with IBM Cloud Pak for Automation. Through a presentation and three hands-on lab exercises, you learn to deploy the IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) and IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine products in containerized environments by using IBM Cloud Pak for Automation. You use Network File System (NFS), Db2, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) as required by ODM and Content running in docker containers. You also learn some basic skills to manage, troubleshoot, and administer the installed containerized products that are deployed on the Red Hat OpenShift environment. In the lab exercises, you interact with the OpenShift cluster by using both the OpenShift Command-line interface (CLI) and the web console.
- Describe IBM Cloud Paks
- Explain IBM Cloud Pak for Automation
- Connect to Red Hat OpenShift Container (RHOCP)
- Load IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) docker images for Cloud Pak for Automation (CP4A)
- Create and secure the ODM database
- Deploy the ODM container on RHOCP
- Verify the successful ODM deployment
- Connect to the ODM container and successfully log in to the Decision Server console and Rule Execution Server console
- Create the Persistent Volumes and Persistent Volume Claims that are required by IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine
- Prepare the database required by IBM Content Platform Engine
- Prepare Lightweight Directory Access Protocol LDAP required by BM Content Platform Engine
- Load the BM Content Platform Engine docker images for Cloud Pak for Automation
- Deploy the BM Content Platform Engine container
- Verify successful IBM Content Platform Engine deployment
- Connect to the BM Content Platform Engine container and successfully log in to the Administrative Console for Content Engine (ACCE)
- Troubleshoot the deployment
- Explore the Red Hat OpenShift container (RHOCP) web console for container management
- Examine the available open source monitoring options - metrics, alerts, and dashboards
- Scale an application deployment by using OpenShift
- Monitor containers by using probes
This course is intended for administrators and operators responsible for installing and managing containerized environments.
Before taking this course, you should have some experience working with Docker and Kubernetes. You should also have experience with, or prior education on, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift Container platform (RHOCP).
IBM Cloud Pak for Automation Overview
Education Lab Environment Overview
Exercise: Deploying the IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) container
Exercise: Deploying the IBM FileNet P8 Content Platform Engine (CPE) container
Exercise: Administering the IBM Cloud Pak for Automation containers
Course summary, badge, and other learning resources
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
Lunch is normally an hour long and begins at noon. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice are available all day in the kitchen. Fruit, muffins and bagels are served each morning. There are numerous restaurants near each of our centers, and some popular ones are indicated on the Area Map in the Student Welcome Handbooks - these can be picked up in the lobby or requested from one of our ExitCertified staff.
If someone should need to contact you while you are in class, please have them call the center telephone number and leave a message with the receptionist.
Most courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise specified. Some courses will have the word "FRENCH" marked in red beside the scheduled date(s) indicating the language of instruction.
GTR stands for Guaranteed to Run; if you see a course with this status, it means this event is confirmed to run. View our GTR page to see our full list of Guaranteed to Run courses.
We have training locations across the United States and Canada. View a full list of classroom training locations.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals, and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
As a vendor-authorized training partner, we offer a curriculum that our partners have vetted. We use the same course materials and facilitate the same labs as our vendor-delivered training. These courses are considered the gold standard and, as such, are priced accordingly.
It depends on your requirements, your role in your company, and your depth of knowledge. The good news about many of our learning paths, you can start from the fundamentals to highly specialized training.
We continuously work with our vendors to evaluate and refresh course material to reflect the latest training courses and best practices.
ExitCertified instructors have an average of 27 years of practical IT experience. They have also served as consultants for an average of 15 years. To stay up to date, instructors will at least spend 25 percent of their time learning new emerging technologies and courses.
Lab access is dependent on the vendor and the type of training you sign up for. However, many of our top vendors will provide lab access to students to test and practice. The course description will specify lab access.
We will work with you to identify training needs and areas of growth. We offer a variety of training methods, such as private group training, on-site of your choice, and virtually. We provide courses and certifications that are aligned with your business goals.
Getting started on a certification pathway depends on your goals and the vendor you choose to get certified in. Many vendors offer entry-level IT certification to advanced IT certification that can boost your career. To get access to certification vouchers and discounts, please contact Edu_customerexperience@techdata.com
You will get access to the PDF of course books and guides, but access to the recording and slides will depend on the vendor and type of training you receive.
Very clean, great cafeteria and well sorted, very kind staff. The bathrooms have to be expanded as they might get crowded sometimes
This course gave me a clearer understanding of the AWS cloud architecture.
Thank you for training on AWS development. Course was good and encouraging but labs need to be improved and provide more information and ask students to more work than provide solutions.
Good Course. We covered a lot of material in a short amount of time. This course had useful labs that built upon each other.
They are very good and made sure we had all the appropriate materials for class.