When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
The course takes the learner through the journey of learning about Kubernetes and OpenShift as the platform for Cloud Pak for Data. The course focuses on the Day 2 Operations of managing the Cloud Pak for Data platform once it has been installed. The course goes through the administration of the OpenShift web console, the Cloud Pak for Data web client and the cluster, including scaling services, backup and restore, and disaster recovery. Additional Day 2 Operations include troubleshooting the components of the cluster, monitoring, and metering.
The scope of this course is the administrative capabilities of Cloud Pak for Data and the related OpenShift capabilities required to perform those functions. For deeper learning on OpenShift administration, refer to the Red Hat OpenShift Administration course.
NOTE: This offering is part of the Digital Learning Subscription and provides the learner with the course content as soon as they are developed. The course is divided into units, which are released as soon as they are ready allowing for immediate learning. The learner can subscribe to the course forum to be notified when a new unit is released.
- Introduction to Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Perform administration tasks in the Cloud Pak for Data web client
- Perform basic administration tasks in the Red Hat OpenShift web console
- Perform administration tasks on the Cloud Pak for Data Cluster
- Troubleshoot Cloud Pak for Data cluster problems
- Perform monitoring and metering operations on the Cloud Pak for Data cluster
Cloud Pak for Data Administrators
Foundational knowledge of IBM Cloud Pak for Data or you have taken the IBM Cloud Pak for Data: Foundations course.
Introduction to Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Describe the basic concepts of Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Explain the overall OpenShift architecture
- Describe the components of the architecture
- Describe the difference between resource quotas, limits and requests
- Identify the Day 2 Operations
Perform administration tasks in the Cloud Pak for Data web client
- Manage users, roles and permissions
- Manage and monitor resource deployments on the cluster
- Manage pods
- Gather diagnostic information for troubleshooting and support
- Manage Watson Studio environments and notebooks
Perform basic administration tasks in the Red Hat OpenShift web console
- Overview of the web console
- Access the web console and view cluster information
- Manage Pods
- Manage Routes
- Manage Nodes
Perform administration tasks on the Cloud Pak for Data Cluster
- Scale services on the cluster
- Backup, restore, and disaster recovery operations
- Add nodes to a cluster (OpenShift)
- Migrate Cloud Pak for Data metadata and clusters
Troubleshoot Cloud Pak for Data cluster problems
- Verify nodes' health
- Troubleshoot pods and image registry
- Inspect Portworx volumes
- Obtain utlilization metrics
- Troubleshoot cluster operators
- Restart OpenShift clusters
Perform monitoring and metering operations on the Cloud Pak for Data cluster
- Perform monitoring and metering operations on the OpenShift Console
- Configure OpenShift Monitoring
- Enable email alerts
- Describe the Container Licencing and Licence Service
- Audit Cloud Pak for Data
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
Lunch is normally an hour long and begins at noon. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice are available all day in the kitchen. Fruit, muffins and bagels are served each morning. There are numerous restaurants near each of our centers, and some popular ones are indicated on the Area Map in the Student Welcome Handbooks - these can be picked up in the lobby or requested from one of our ExitCertified staff.
If someone should need to contact you while you are in class, please have them call the center telephone number and leave a message with the receptionist.
Most courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise specified. Some courses will have the word "FRENCH" marked in red beside the scheduled date(s) indicating the language of instruction.
GTR stands for Guaranteed to Run; if you see a course with this status, it means this event is confirmed to run. View our GTR page to see our full list of Guaranteed to Run courses.
We have training locations across the United States and Canada. View a full list of classroom training locations.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals, and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
As a vendor-authorized training partner, we offer a curriculum that our partners have vetted. We use the same course materials and facilitate the same labs as our vendor-delivered training. These courses are considered the gold standard and, as such, are priced accordingly.
It depends on your requirements, your role in your company, and your depth of knowledge. The good news about many of our learning paths, you can start from the fundamentals to highly specialized training.
We continuously work with our vendors to evaluate and refresh course material to reflect the latest training courses and best practices.
ExitCertified instructors have an average of 27 years of practical IT experience. They have also served as consultants for an average of 15 years. To stay up to date, instructors will at least spend 25 percent of their time learning new emerging technologies and courses.
Lab access is dependent on the vendor and the type of training you sign up for. However, many of our top vendors will provide lab access to students to test and practice. The course description will specify lab access.
We will work with you to identify training needs and areas of growth. We offer a variety of training methods, such as private group training, on-site of your choice, and virtually. We provide courses and certifications that are aligned with your business goals.
Getting started on a certification pathway depends on your goals and the vendor you choose to get certified in. Many vendors offer entry-level IT certification to advanced IT certification that can boost your career. To get access to certification vouchers and discounts, please contact Edu_customerexperience@techdata.com
You will get access to the PDF of course books and guides, but access to the recording and slides will depend on the vendor and type of training you receive.
Fantastic and great training. Tons of hands-on labs to really make you understand the material being thought.
Instructor was great, course was mostly very good except for too much focus on pricing
Good Course. We covered a lot of material in a short amount of time. This course had useful labs that built upon each other.
Great class I learned a great deal from the material. There would seem to a large amount that I need to learn about.
Very clean, great cafeteria and well sorted, very kind staff. The bathrooms have to be expanded as they might get crowded sometimes