This course will teach you how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster. Starting with a simple Python script, you will define application resources and use core primitives to build, monitor and troubleshoot scalable applications in Kubernetes. Working with network plugins, security and cloud storage, you will be exposed to many of the features needed to deploy an application in a production environment.
The course is designed for practitioners interested in learning about Kubernetes and how to containerize, host, deploy, and configure an application in a multi-node cluster.
To get the most out of this course, you should have basic Linux command line and file editing skills and be familiar with using a programming language (such as Python, Node.js, Go). A knowledge of Cloud Native application concepts and architectures is helpful for this course.
In this course you’ll learn how to:
• Containerize and deploy a new Python script
• Configure the deployment with ConfigMaps, Secrets and SecurityContexts
• Understand multi-container pod design
• Configure probes for pod health
• Update and roll back an application
• Implement services and NetworkPolicies
• Use PersistentVolumeClaims for state persistence
• And more
Be sure to consider the U5KUB21G: Essentials of Kubernetes Administration course.
Kubernetes Essentials for App Developers