This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
This is a four hour, intermediate level, self paced learning module that describes IBM PowerVC, benefits, how to transition to using it, and how it improves Power Systems virtualization management.
- Describe the history of PowerVM management
- List common LPAR management tasks
- Describe how the common LPAR management tasks are performed using the Hardware Management Console (HMC)
- Describe the historical challenges of creating a traditional PowerVM workload
- Compare the process of creating a PowerVM workload in PowerVC with that of the traditional HMC-based process
- Compare traditional PowerVM management tasks with the PowerVC equivalent tasks
- Review examples PowerVM management tasks and their PowerVC equivalents
- Creating a PowerVM LPAR using PowerVC
- Start an LPAR
- Stop an LPAR
- Perform DLPAR on an LPAR
- Perform LPM on an LPAR
- Delete an LPAR
- Outline the benefits of introducing PowerVC management
- Review the requirements to implement PowerVC
- Outline the future of PowerVM management with PowerVC
- Explain the next steps on the PowerVC Learning Journey
Who Can Benefit
Current or prospective PowerVM System Administrators and System Architects.
Basic PowerVM administration skills. No IBM course prerequisites.