When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
This learning offering will tell a holistic story of Cloud Pak for Data including collaboration across an organization, which is key in this platform. Applicable to all personas. A generic use case will provide understanding of how organizations can benefit from Cloud Pak for Data. A variety of features will also be explored, providing students with the insight on how to use the platform. This WBT contains instructional and interactive content, demonstrations and hands-on exercises (on Cloud Pak for Data on IBM Cloud).
- Introduction to IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: overview
- Collaboration and workflows
- Collect data
- Organize data
- Prepare data
- Analyze data
- Infuse data
Data Engineer, Data Steward, Data Scientist, Business Analyst, Application Developer, Administrator
IBM Demo assets: IBM Cloud Pak for Data, in particular Overview Cloud Pak for Data (https://www.ibm.com/demos/collection/Cloud-Pak-for-Data/)
Introduction to IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Describe IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Identify how IBM Cloud Pak for Data makes you ready for artificial intelligence (AI)
- Describe, at a high level, the IBM Cloud Pak for Data architecture
- Describe how to collaborate within IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Describe the typical end-to-end data and analytics workflow in IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Identify what you will be doing in this training
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: overview
- Describe how the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform relates to IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Describe the role of containers, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Describe how Red Hat OpenShift is a layered system
- Describe, at a high level, the Red Hat OpenShift architecture
- Describe, at a high level, how Red Hat OpenShift is secured
Collaboration and workflows
- Administer the platform
- Describe a typical workflow
- Create an analytics project
- Search for data
- Request data
- Identify how you connect to data sources in IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Identify ways in which you can add data to a project
- Identify supported data sources
- Describe how to work with an integrated database
- Create a connection to a data source
- Describe the Watson Knowledge Catalog service and what you can do with it
- Describe how you can work with catalogs
- Describe how you can govern and curate data using Watson Knowledge Catalog
- Identify how governance artifacts and governance tools work together
- Identify how you can govern data to comply with regulations
- Perform automated discovery and work with the default catalog
- Identify ways in which you can prepare data for use in projects
- Describe how to virtualize data using the Data Virtualization service
- Describe how you can refine data using the Data Refinery service
- Identify how you can access trusted master data with IBM Master Data Connect
- Describe how you can build trust in unstructured data with IBM Watson Knowledge Catalog Instascan
- Identify how you can manage test data using Virtual Data Pipeline (VDP)
- Identify how you can analyze data in IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Automate building machine learning models with AutoAI experiment
- Deploy machine learning models
- Analyze data using notebooks
- Identify other tools that you can use to analyze data
- Identify how you can perform self-service analytics with Cognos Analytics
- Describe how you can extract answers from complex business documents with Watson Discovery
- Identify how you can deliver engaging, unified problem-solving experiences with Watson Assistant
- Describe you can accurately transcribe the human voice with Watson Speech to Text
- Identify how you can convert written text to natural-sounding speech with Watson Text to Speech
- Describe how you can automate planning, budgeting, and forecasting with Planning Analytics
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
Lunch is normally an hour long and begins at noon. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice are available all day in the kitchen. Fruit, muffins and bagels are served each morning. There are numerous restaurants near each of our centers, and some popular ones are indicated on the Area Map in the Student Welcome Handbooks - these can be picked up in the lobby or requested from one of our ExitCertified staff.
If someone should need to contact you while you are in class, please have them call the center telephone number and leave a message with the receptionist.
Most courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise specified. Some courses will have the word "FRENCH" marked in red beside the scheduled date(s) indicating the language of instruction.
GTR stands for Guaranteed to Run; if you see a course with this status, it means this event is confirmed to run. View our GTR page to see our full list of Guaranteed to Run courses.
We have training locations across the United States and Canada. View a full list of classroom training locations.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals, and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
As a vendor-authorized training partner, we offer a curriculum that our partners have vetted. We use the same course materials and facilitate the same labs as our vendor-delivered training. These courses are considered the gold standard and, as such, are priced accordingly.
It depends on your requirements, your role in your company, and your depth of knowledge. The good news about many of our learning paths, you can start from the fundamentals to highly specialized training.
We continuously work with our vendors to evaluate and refresh course material to reflect the latest training courses and best practices.
ExitCertified instructors have an average of 27 years of practical IT experience. They have also served as consultants for an average of 15 years. To stay up to date, instructors will at least spend 25 percent of their time learning new emerging technologies and courses.
Lab access is dependent on the vendor and the type of training you sign up for. However, many of our top vendors will provide lab access to students to test and practice. The course description will specify lab access.
We will work with you to identify training needs and areas of growth. We offer a variety of training methods, such as private group training, on-site of your choice, and virtually. We provide courses and certifications that are aligned with your business goals.
Getting started on a certification pathway depends on your goals and the vendor you choose to get certified in. Many vendors offer entry-level IT certification to advanced IT certification that can boost your career. To get access to certification vouchers and discounts, please contact Edu_customerexperience@techdata.com
You will get access to the PDF of course books and guides, but access to the recording and slides will depend on the vendor and type of training you receive.
Great and very intuitive. Better than the traditional hit the wrong button/lose points.
it was good and very informative. Instructure covered everything in detail.
Good Course. We covered a lot of material in a short amount of time. This course had useful labs that built upon each other.
The tool provided to practice the course teachings is very functional and easy to use.
Excellent facilities, excellent staff.. and the coffee is good too! Thanks for helping to advance my career and the career of my colleagues!