When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes: - PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course - Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at...Read More
This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes:
- PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course
- Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace
This course gets those charged with administering Information Server v11.5 and its suite of many products and components started with the basic administrative tasks necessary to support Information Server users and developers. The course begins with a functional overview of Information Server and the products and components that support these functions. Then it focuses on the basic administrative tasks an Information Server administration will need to perform including user management, session management, and reporting management tasks. The course covers both the use of Information Server administrative clients such as the Administration Console and Metadata Asset Manager and the use of command line tools such as istool and encrypt.
This basic course is for those who will be administering Information Server and its product components.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Unit 1: Information Server technical overview
- List the Information Server functional categories
- List the Information Server products and components that support these functional categories
- List the Information Server architectural tiers
Unit 2: Working with Information Server clients
- Use the Information Server Launch Pad to access Information Server thin clients including the Administrative Console, Information Governance Catalog, and Metadata Asset Manager
- Access Information Server Engine Clients including DataStage, QualityStage, FastTrack, and Information Server Manager
- Access Information Server Console Clients including Information Analyzer and Information Services Director
Unit 3: Authentication and suite security
- Configure Suite users and groups
- Configure DataStage credentials for Engine users
Unit 4: Session management
- View a list of active sessions
- View session properties
- Disconnect sessions
- Configure global session properties
Unit 5: Managing reports
- Create and manage report folders
- Create a report
- Run a report
- View report results
Unit 6: Administrative tools
- Session Admin tool
- Directory Command tool
- Encrypt tool
Unit 7: Managing Information Server repository assets
- Use istool to export and import common metadata assets
- Use istool to query information assets
- Use istool to export and import security assets
- Use istool to export and import reporting assets
Save up to $250-$2500 Use Promo Code: SurfBoard
View Details Register by September 6, 2019