When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course teaches advanced topics of EWM (formerly RTC) source control.This one-day, hands-on class covers advanced topics for Engineering Workflow Management source control (formerly Rational®...Read More
This course teaches advanced topics of EWM (formerly RTC) source control.
This one-day, hands-on class covers advanced topics for Engineering Workflow Management source control (formerly Rational® Team Concert source control) for Eclipse environments.
EWM (formerly RTC) is the workflow management and source control component of the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) tool suite (formerly Rational CLM). EWM provides a scalable solution for source control, task tracking, and scheduling.
At the end of this course, students will understand scenarios, conflicts, and difficulties often encountered in a multi-stream, parallel development environment. Students will be able to manage these scenarios using EWM source control tools and capabilities.
• Advanced Source Control Overview
• Eclipse Projects
• Flow Change Basics
• Workspace-to-Workspace Flow
• Stream-to-Stream Flow
• Resolve Structural Differences
• Reverse Simple Change Sets
• Reverse Complex Change Sets
• Gap Basics
• Gap Resolution with Reverse
• Gap Resolution with Gap Manager
• Review Lab
• Locate Change Set
• Manage Non-Eclipse Data
• Stream strategies and advanced source control capabilities
• Create and manage Eclipse projects in the repository
• Create/compare snapshots; create stream from snapshot
• Create/manage components in streams and workspaces
• Set workspace flow target to alternate stream
• Set workspace flow target to another workspace
• Set stream flow target and deliver stream-to-stream
• Resolve conflicting file name and file location differences
• Reverse and deliver a change set that resolves automatically
• Reverse and deliver change sets that need manual resolution
• Understanding gaps and how to avoid them
• Resolve gaps by delivering reverse change sets
• Resolve gaps with the gap manager
• Advanced source control review exercise
• Locate a change set in streams.
• Load and manage non-Eclipse data
U5NSL62G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Task Management and Scheduling, V7.x (RTC)
U5NSL63G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Project Administration, V7.x (RTC)
Additional build management topics available.
Source control power users who will use the EWM Eclipse IDE for advanced source control activities.
U5NSL52G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Source Control Fundamentals, V7.x
Save up to $250-$2500 Use Promo Code: SurfBoard
View Details Register by September 6, 2019