When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course teaches the basics of capturing, scheduling, and managing tasks using IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM), formerly Rational® Team Concert (RTC). This hands-on course takes...Read More
This course teaches the basics of capturing, scheduling, and managing tasks using IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM), formerly Rational® Team Concert (RTC).
This hands-on course takes students through the basic tasks required to capture, decompose, progress, and manage tasks for a collaborative ELM project.
EWM is the workflow management component of the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management tool suite (formerly Rational CLM). EWM provides a scalable solution for answering the following questions: What are we doing? Who is doing it? And how is it progressing?
After completing this course, students will be able to use EWM to filter, create, decompose, and link work items. Students also will learn how to progress work items through multiple states, create custom queries, and move tasks from backlog through sprints/milestones following a simplified agile process.
• Task and Scheduling Overview
• Navigating EWM Projects
• Work Item Overview
• Locate Work Items
• Create Work Item
• Work Item Links
• My Stuff
• Create Queries Create and edit basic work item queries
• Format and Share Queries
• Standard Plans Overview
• Product Backlog Plan
• Release Backlog Plan
• Sprint Plan
• Plans Review
• Configure Plans Search and filter plans; column widths; progress/load bars
• User Profile
• Introduction to EWM task management and scheduling
• Log On to EWM Web Client
• Log on to EWM user pages
• Navigating EWM project data in the web client
• Introduction to work item types, work breakdown, and state models
• Query and search for work items
• Create and modify work items
• Work Item States
• Change work item states
• Create work item relationships such as parent/child
• View and modify work items from the My Stuff page
• Format query output and share queries
• Introduction to team plans
• Plan operations used to manage a product backlog
• Plan operations used to manage a release backlog
• Plan operations used to plan, execute, and track a sprint
• Process items from backlogs through sprint to completion
• Work hours, absences, work allocation, and email notifications
U5NSL52G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Source Control Fundamentals, V7.x (RTC)
U5NSL53G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Source Control - Advanced Topics, V7.x (RTC)
U5NSL63G: IBM Engineering Workflow Management Project Administration, V7.x (RTC)
U5NLS61G: IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management Reports (JRS) and Dashboards, V7.x
Additional topics available, including Quick Planner and team boards.
Architects, analysts, test engineers, software developers, or managers who are collaborating on any project that requires scheduling, tracking, or estimating work effort.