When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course teaches the essentials of creating and executing test cases using IBM Engineering Test Management (ETM), formerly Rational Quality Manager (RQM).OVERVIEW:This hands-on course takes...Read More
This course teaches the essentials of creating and executing test cases using IBM Engineering Test Management (ETM), formerly Rational Quality Manager (RQM).
This hands-on course takes students through the basic tasks required to author and execute test cases.
After completing this course, students will be able to use ETM to browse, create, modify, organize, and execute test cases. You will also learn to submit defects from test case steps, create reviews, and link test cases to requirements.
• Test Execution Overview
• Execute Test Case
• Execute without Test Script
• Monitor Test Execution
• Alternate Exec Locations
• Submit Defect in Step
• Submit Defect in Result
• Test Suite Execution
• Test Script Basics
• Test Case Overview
• Create Test Case
• Refine Test Case
• Test Case Links
• Execution Variables
• Test Plan Overview
• Quality Tasks
• Overview of RQM artifacts and capabilities
• Browser startup and connect to project
• Project areas, menus, column display settings
• Test execution concepts and terminology
• Execute a test case and view results
• Execute a test case without a test script
• View test case execution results
• Use sidebar and column filters, save and run query
• Execute test case from alternate locations
• Submit defect from manual step
• Submit defect from test result
• Execute a test suite and examine results
• Create and modify a test script
• Browse test case sections, open a recently accessed test case
• Create a test case, add a test script, generate TCER
• Add pre and post conditions, add expected results
• Create links to requirements and work items
• Create and run a test script using test case variable values
• Open test plans and browse test plan sections
• Create and update quality tasks, open related test plan
• Change test case state
• Create test plan review, set approval state
U5RT274G: IBM Engineering Test Management - Advanced Topics, V7.x (RQM)
U5NLS61G: IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management Reports (JRS) and Dashboards, V7.x
Quality engineers who will use ETM to execute tests, create manual tests, view results, and perform test planning activities.
No previous ETM experience is required.