When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course is specifically designed for individuals looking for both the basic skills required to use IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook plus advanced skills in search and discovery functions. This course is specifically designed for Analysts working in Commercial and Government sector, including national security, law enforcement, customer intelligence and research.
• Know the basic terminology used when working in Analyst’s Notebook
• Learn to Navigate in the interface of Analyst’s Notebook
• Understand how to create manual charts by creating entities and links in Analyst’s Notebook
• Learn to Merge multiple charts and be able resolve any duplicate information to uncover relationships and associations
• Understand the basic’s in conducting Analysis and how the Visual Search tool is used in pattern analysis
• Understand the type of data that can be used when importing into Analyst’s Notebook
• Understand how the Analyst’s Notebook import function works and how to get the results you are looking for
• Understand how to prepare products for presentation and dissemination
• Understand how to conduct detailed imports utilizing complex Phone Record Data and uncover hidden connections
• Learn how to identify patterns and sequences and Financial Record
• Understand how to conduct advance detailed and accurate analysis utilizing the Social Network Analysis to examine network characteristics, including smaller sub-networks, the relationship between prominent entities of interests, and how information directly and indirectly flows within different parts of the network.
• How to use Bar Charts and Histograms views to quickly identify, select, and drill down in to information of relevance
• Conditional Formatting
• Using Geospatial Data
• Learn how to combine geospatial data and understanding with both association and temporal analysis
• Practice using the Google Earth Exporter to export selected chart data to an installed Google Earth client
• ESRI users will learn how to use the ESRI connector to work with mapping data within the Analyst’s Notebook interface
• Understand how to work with Chart Properties to create and customize Entities and Links in Analyst’s Notebook to meet the analyst’s specific requirements
• Learn how to create and share templates
• Learn how to run a report
• Learn how to save charts as slide show, PDF, JPG or send an embedded chart in another file format
This course is specifically designed for individuals looking for both the basic skills required to use IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook plus advanced skills in search and discovery functions. The first half of the class focuses on the Analyst developing an understanding of the programs interface and tools, methodology in constructing manual charts by using Blue Light supplied data, basic techniques in importing structured data into Analyst’s Notebook and analytical techniques to conduct analysis to uncover relationships and associations. Then, the second half will focus on how to set up Advanced Import Specifications, Advanced Analytic techniques using the i2 Analytic Tools, and use of the display tools that turn the data and analysis results into actionable intelligence.
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
Lunch is normally an hour long and begins at noon. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice are available all day in the kitchen. Fruit, muffins and bagels are served each morning. There are numerous restaurants near each of our centers, and some popular ones are indicated on the Area Map in the Student Welcome Handbooks - these can be picked up in the lobby or requested from one of our ExitCertified staff.
If someone should need to contact you while you are in class, please have them call the center telephone number and leave a message with the receptionist.
Most courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise specified. Some courses will have the word "FRENCH" marked in red beside the scheduled date(s) indicating the language of instruction.
GTR stands for Guaranteed to Run; if you see a course with this status, it means this event is confirmed to run. View our GTR page to see our full list of Guaranteed to Run courses.
We have training locations across the United States and Canada. View a full list of classroom training locations.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
Yes, we provide training for groups, individuals, and private on sites. View our group training page for more information.
As a vendor-authorized training partner, we offer a curriculum that our partners have vetted. We use the same course materials and facilitate the same labs as our vendor-delivered training. These courses are considered the gold standard and, as such, are priced accordingly.
It depends on your requirements, your role in your company, and your depth of knowledge. The good news about many of our learning paths, you can start from the fundamentals to highly specialized training.
We continuously work with our vendors to evaluate and refresh course material to reflect the latest training courses and best practices.
ExitCertified instructors have an average of 27 years of practical IT experience. They have also served as consultants for an average of 15 years. To stay up to date, instructors will at least spend 25 percent of their time learning new emerging technologies and courses.
Lab access is dependent on the vendor and the type of training you sign up for. However, many of our top vendors will provide lab access to students to test and practice. The course description will specify lab access.
We will work with you to identify training needs and areas of growth. We offer a variety of training methods, such as private group training, on-site of your choice, and virtually. We provide courses and certifications that are aligned with your business goals.
Getting started on a certification pathway depends on your goals and the vendor you choose to get certified in. Many vendors offer entry-level IT certification to advanced IT certification that can boost your career. To get access to certification vouchers and discounts, please contact Edu_customerexperience@techdata.com
You will get access to the PDF of course books and guides, but access to the recording and slides will depend on the vendor and type of training you receive.
This was effective way to provide a ton of information in a short time period.
It would be better if the classroom had two power point screens so the instructor could have two screens shown to the class at the same time to reduce confusion switching back and forth
The tool provided to practice the course teachings is very functional and easy to use.
Excellent facilities, excellent staff.. and the coffee is good too! Thanks for helping to advance my career and the career of my colleagues!
Good Course. We covered a lot of material in a short amount of time. This course had useful labs that built upon each other.
2 options available