When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course is specifically designed for individuals looking for both the basic skills required to use IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook plus advanced skills in search and discovery functions. This course is...Read More
This course is specifically designed for individuals looking for both the basic skills required to use IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook plus advanced skills in search and discovery functions. This course is specifically designed for Analysts working in Commercial and Government sector, including national security, law enforcement, customer intelligence and research.
• Know the basic terminology used when working in Analyst’s Notebook
• Learn to Navigate in the interface of Analyst’s Notebook
• Understand how to create manual charts by creating entities and links in Analyst’s Notebook
• Learn to Merge multiple charts and be able resolve any duplicate information to uncover relationships and associations
• Understand the basic’s in conducting Analysis and how the Visual Search tool is used in pattern analysis
• Understand the type of data that can be used when importing into Analyst’s Notebook
• Understand how the Analyst’s Notebook import function works and how to get the results you are looking for
• Understand how to prepare products for presentation and dissemination
• Understand how to conduct detailed imports utilizing complex Phone Record Data and uncover hidden connections
• Learn how to identify patterns and sequences and Financial Record
• Understand how to conduct advance detailed and accurate analysis utilizing the Social Network Analysis to examine network characteristics, including smaller sub-networks, the relationship between prominent entities of interests, and how information directly and indirectly flows within different parts of the network.
• How to use Bar Charts and Histograms views to quickly identify, select, and drill down in to information of relevance
• Conditional Formatting
• Using Geospatial Data
• Learn how to combine geospatial data and understanding with both association and temporal analysis
• Practice using the Google Earth Exporter to export selected chart data to an installed Google Earth client
• ESRI users will learn how to use the ESRI connector to work with mapping data within the Analyst’s Notebook interface
• Understand how to work with Chart Properties to create and customize Entities and Links in Analyst’s Notebook to meet the analyst’s specific requirements
• Learn how to create and share templates
• Learn how to run a report
• Learn how to save charts as slide show, PDF, JPG or send an embedded chart in another file format
This course is specifically designed for individuals looking for both the basic skills required to use IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook plus advanced skills in search and discovery functions. The first half of the class focuses on the Analyst developing an understanding of the programs interface and tools, methodology in constructing manual charts by using Blue Light supplied data, basic techniques in importing structured data into Analyst’s Notebook and analytical techniques to conduct analysis to uncover relationships and associations. Then, the second half will focus on how to set up Advanced Import Specifications, Advanced Analytic techniques using the i2 Analytic Tools, and use of the display tools that turn the data and analysis results into actionable intelligence.