When does class start/end?
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 am, and typically end at 5:00 pm.
This course covers basic data storage concepts and IBM solutions in this space. You will learn RAID, SAN connectivity, high availability, business continuity planning for disaster recovery, storage...Read More
This course covers basic data storage concepts and IBM solutions in this space. You will learn RAID, SAN connectivity, high availability, business continuity planning for disaster recovery, storage virtualization, cloud storage and more. You will learn all about IBM Storage products (disks, flash, tape, SAN switches and directors) and the IBM Spectrum suite of software for accessing and managing on and off premises data storage.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Recall the essentials of disk storage
- Outline the continuity plans to maintain high availability and data protection in storage solutions
- Restate the concepts of the storage virtualization
- Differentiate the types of the hybrid and all-flash storage solutions
- Compare the types of the tape storage solutions
- Distinguish between storage connectivity options
- Differentiate between the features of the Spectrum Storage Suite of software
- Clarify the various cloud storage considerations
Unit 1: Essentials of storage Unit 2: Data protection and high availability Unit 3: Storage virtualization Unit 4: IBM Spectrum Storage - SDS Unit 5: IBM Spectrum Storage - management and protection Unit 6: IBM Storage disk and flash based systemsUnit 7: IBM Storage tape systems Unit 8: IBM Storage SAN family overview Unit 9: IBM Storage and cloud
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include: Customers Technical IBM personnel Business Partner technical personnel IT consultants and architects
Unit 1: Course OverviewUnit 2: Essentials of storageUnit 3: Data Protection and High AvailabilityUnit 4: Storage VirtualizationUnit 5: IBM System Storage Disk Systems and Flash Based SystemsUnit 6: IBM System Storage Tape SystemsUnit 7: IBM System Storage SAN Family OverviewUnit 8: IBM Storage and CloudUnit 9: IBM Spectrum Storage