This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
The IBM Elastic Storage Server (ESS) is a big data storage system that combines Power servers, storage enclosures, and disks along with IBM Spectrum Scale and IBM Spectrum Scale RAID technology, providing analytic and technical computing storage and data services.
This online course provides an overview of the IBM Elastic Storage Server. It reviews benefits, features for protection from data loss, storage terms, hardware components, software components, and network considerations.
The course details the monitoring tasks to manage the Elastic Storage Server environment including working with the command line interface, working with graphical user interface, and to manage both file systems and filesets. It also reviews ESA support, disk replacement procedures, update procedures, and the data collection and contact procedures for IBM service and support.
This is a digital course with demo labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Relate the data protection features used in IBM Elastic Storage Server
- Distinguish between traditional RAID and IBM Spectrum Scale RAID
- Compile the requirements for the IBM Elastic Storage Server solution
- Apply the GUI and CLI to manage an IBM Elastic Storage Server environment
- Relate the process to create and delete a file system and a fileset in an IBM Elastic Storage Server environment
- Summarize selected service processes to maintain and update the ESS
Who Can Benefit
This is a base course for individuals who are involved in administering, configuring, upgrading, and monitoring the IBM Elastic Storage Server.
The following courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended prior to this course:
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
- IBM Spectrum Scale Basic Administration for Linux (H005G)