Database Control (DBCTL) is an Information Management System (IMS) facility that provides CICS access to an IMS database subsystem. DBCTL provides access for CICS transactions to IMS managed databases. Learn the activities required to install, tailor, maintain and support an IMS DBCTL system. Additionally, learn about aspects of the IMS architecture that apply to database management and attaching to CICS systems and transactions.
This course is taught in a Web conference medium with live instructor audio, and Internet Web conferenced materials. You have chat type Question and Answer (QandA) ability, plus live audio. The course is taught 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m Central time for six work days. Since the class is taught live using Web conferencing methods, you can attend from your home or work. Class durations are approximately one-half day, so you can still accommodate daily work responsibilities.
You will be contacted prior to class start to receive connection information, hardcopy student materials and other relevant information.
- Understand DBCTL in an IMS environment
- Design, install, and customize a DBCTL system according to application requirements
- Perform basic system administration for an IMS system with DBCTL including the operating and optimization of a CICS - IMS Database Controller configuration
Who Can Benefit
This is an intermediate course for IMS system programming and technical support individuals, who need to understand installation, customization, administration, and maintenance on a DBCTL system.
You should complete:
- IMS Fundamentals (CM01G) or
- IMS Fundamentals - Web (CMW01)
- or have equivalent knowledge
- You should have some system programming experience with IMS and CICS systems.