This course will provide foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Azure services; and Azure management and governance features and tools.
This course is suitable for IT personnel who are just beginning to work with Azure. This audience wants to learn about our offerings and get hands-on experience with the product. This course primarily uses the Azure portal and command line interface to create resources and does not require scripting skills. Students in this course will gain confidence to take other role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator. This course combines lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. This course will also help prepare someone for the AZ-900 exam.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Familiarity with cloud computing is helpful, but isn't necessary.
- Describe cloud computing
- Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe cloud service types
- Describe the core architectural components of Azure
- Describe Azure compute and networking services
- Describe Azure storage services
- Describe Azure identity, access, and security
- Describe cost management in Azure
- Describe features and tools in Azure for governance and compliance
- Describe features and tools for managing and deploying Azure resources
- Describe monitoring tools in Azure
Module 2: Azure Architecture and Services
This module explores Microsoft Azure, its architecture, and some of the most commonly used services and resources.
- Core Azure architectural components
- Azure compute and networking services
- Azure storage services
- Azure identity, access, and security
- Lab : Explore the Microsoft Learn sandbox
- Lab : Create an Azure resource
- Lab : Create an Azure virtual machine
- Lab : Configure network access
- Lab : Create a storage blob
Module 3: Core Solutions
In this module, you'll learn about the management and governance resources available to help you manage your cloud and on-premises resources.
- Cost management in Azure
- Features and tools in Azure for governance and compliance
- Feature and tools for managing and deploying Azure resources
- Monitoring tools in Azure
- Lab : Configure a resource lock
- Lab : Compare workload costs using the Total Cost of Ownership calculator
- Lab : Estimate workload costs using the Pricing calculator