This course teaches developers how to create end-to-end solutions in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn how to implement Azure compute solutions, create Azure Functions, implement and manage web apps, develop solutions utilizing Azure storage, implement authentication and authorization, and secure their solutions by using KeyVault and Managed Identities. Students will also learn how to connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services, and include event- and message-based models in their solutions. The course also covers monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing Azure solutions.
Students in this course are interested in Azure development or in passing the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate certification exam.
To be successful in this course, learners should have the following:
- Hands-on experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions, and the Azure Portal.
- Abilityto write code to connect and perform operations on, a SQL or NoSQL database product. (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar)
- Experience writing code to handle authentication, authorization, and other security principles at the intermediate level.
- A general understanding of HTML, the HTTP protocol and REST API interfaces.
If you are new to Azure and cloud computing consider one of the following resources:
- Free online: Azure Fundamentals (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/azure-fundamentals/)
- Instructor-led course: AZ-900: Azure Fundamentals (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/courses/az-900t01)