This course teaches Azure Solution Architects how to design infrastructure solutions. Course topics cover governance, compute, application architecture, storage, data integration, authentication, networks, business continuity, and migrations. The course combines lecture with case studies to demonstrate basic architect design principles.
Successful students have experience and knowledge in IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platforms, and governance. Students also have experience designing and architecting solutions.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design a governance solution.
- Design a compute solution.
- Design an application architecture.
- Design storage, non-relational and relational.
- Design data integration solutions.
- Design authentication, authorization, and identity solutions.
- Design network solutions.
- Design backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Design monitoring solutions.
- Design migration solutions.
Before attending this course, students must have previous experience deploying or administering Azure resources and strong conceptual knowledge of:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure compute technologies such as VMs, containers and serverless solutions
- Azure virtual networking to include load balancers
- Azure Storage technologies (unstructured and databases)
- General application design concepts such as messaging and high availabilityPrerequisite courses (or equivalent knowledge and hands-on experience): This free online training will give you the experience you need to be successful in this course.
- AZ-104: Manage identities and governance in Azure - Learn | Microsoft Docs
- AZ-104: Implement and manage storage in Azure - Learn | Microsoft Docs
- AZ-104: Configure and manage virtual networks for Azure administrators - Learn | Microsoft Docs
- AZ-104: Deploy and manage Azure compute resources - Learn | Microsoft Docs
- AZ-104: Monitor and back up Azure resources - Learn | Microsoft Docs