This course covers the following core features in Dynamics 365: core common features, core configuration, data migration, and preparing to go live.
Consultants (functional and technical) gather and analyze business requirements, and translate those requirements into fully realized business processes and solutions that implement industry recommended practices. They serve as a key resource in implementing and configuring apps to meet business requirements. Consultants should be able to implement shared features used by Dynamics 365 finance and operations apps. They should also have awareness of how Dynamics 365 finance and operations apps integrate with external systems and tools including Microsoft Power Platform. The consultant uses Lifecycle Services (LCS), Azure DevOps, and other Microsoft tools and platforms to facilitate the application lifecycle management (ALM) process. Consultants pursue continuous education by reading the product release notes, reviewing product roadmaps, participating in conferences, or continue learning by using Microsoft Learn, Microsoft Docs, instructor-led training, blogs, and user communities. They should also pursue role-base certifications and assessments to ensure their knowledge is recognized.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- How to navigate and efficiently use search, filtering and queries
- How to use operational workspaces
- Work with Business Document Management
- Work with record templates
- Integrate Power BI with Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations apps
- How to personalize workspaces
- Identify when to use Power Platform in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations app.
- How to apply security roles to users
- Run and analyze security reports
- Create and use workflow for approval
- Work with Organization Hierarchy and its purposes.
- How to use personalization feature
- Use Data Management workspace
- Create and use and entity templates
- Copy configuration data between legal entities
- Import and Export data and manage data by using Office Integration
- Use Regression Suite Automation Tool (RSAT)
- Create User acceptance Tests (UAT) and test plans
- Create and work with Business Process Modeler (BPM)
- Understand how to use Issue search
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- The ability to use Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for basic processing
- General knowledge of basic mobile device features and navigation