The Managing Microsoft Teams course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Teams Admin role. A Microsoft Teams administrator plans, deploys, configures, and manages Microsoft Teams to focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in a Microsoft 365 environment. In this course, you will learn about various Teams management tools, security and compliance feature for Teams, network requirement for Teams deployment as well as different Teams settings and policies for managing collaboration and communication experience in Teams.
Students in this course are interested in Microsoft Teams or in passing the Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate certification exam. A Microsoft Teams administrator plans, deploys, configures, and manages Microsoft Teams to focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in a Microsoft 365 environment. A Microsoft Teams administrator must be able to plan, deploy, and manage teams, chat, apps, channels, meetings, audio/video conferencing, live events, calling, and Teams certified devices. A Microsoft Teams administrator has experience integrating Microsoft Teams with SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange, Microsoft 365 Groups, and other Microsoft, third-party, and custom apps. A Microsoft Teams administrator understands and collaborates with other workloads and roles, such as Network, Voice, Identity, Access, Devices, Licensing, Security, Compliance, Information management, and User Adoption.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- What is Microsoft Teams and how the components work together
- How to implement Governance, Security and Compliance for Microsoft Teams
- How to prepare an organizations environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment
- How to deploy and manage teams
- How to manage collaboration and communication experiences in Microsoft Teams
- Techniques to manage and troubleshoot communication in Microsoft Teams
- A proficient understanding of basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices, including using PowerShell.