This course demonstrates how to administer CIFS version 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 in Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode and CIFS version 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, and 3.0 in clustered Data ONTAP.
- At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define and describe CIFS protocol versions
- Describe configuration in Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode
- Describe configuration in clustered Data ONTAP
- Use the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit to write PowerShell scripts
- Configure home directories with the Data ONTAP operating system
- Work with symbolic links and widelinks
- Review performance management for CIFS environments
- Detail troubleshooting techniques for NetApp storage systems and clients who use the CIFS protocol
Who Can Benefit
- This course is intended for those who provide support and administration for a CIFS environment on NetApp storage systems running the Data ONTAP operating system.
- The following pre-requisites are required for this course:
- Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration (D7ADM) OR
- Clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 Administration (DCADM)