This course teaches you the administrative skills needed to install, configure, manage, and upgrade three different Nutanix storage solution products:
- Nutanix Files - As part of this module, you will set up and manage Nutanix Files, a software-defined, scale-out file storage solution that provides a repository for unstructured data, such as home directories and departmental shares.
- Nutanix Volumes - You will learn how Nutanix Volumes provides file storage for your physical workloads, with the same simplicity as virtualized workloads, consolidating infrastructure into a single unified platform.
- Nutanix Objects - Nutanix Objects allows you to build a simple, secure, and scale-out stack. We show you how easy it is to spin up the Nutanix Objects service in a few simple steps.
Who Can Benefit
- Customers and systems operators that want to learn how to manage file, block, and object storage using Nutanix Files, Nutanix Volumes, and Nutanix Objects.
- IT administrators and business leaders who manage Nutanix clusters in the datacenter and want a detailed deep dive into Nutanix storage administration.
- Anyone pursuing Nutanix Certified Professional – DataServices (NCP-DS) certification.
- This course requires basic system administration knowledge, acquired through training or hands-on experience.
- You should be familiar with Nutanix storage concepts, be able to create a VM through the Nutanix web console (Prism), and know how to run commands from the command line interface (CLI).
- If you do not have these skills, we recommend taking the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (NHCF) class first.
Installing and Configuring Nutanix Files
- Introduction to Nutanix Files
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Files Environments
- Installing Nutanix Files
- The File Server Dashboard
- Configuring Nutanix Files
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Files
- Managing Nutanix Files
- Using Files Analytics
- Monitoring Performance and Usage
- Upgrading Nutanix Files
Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Files
- Understanding the Nutanix Files High Availability Process
- Troubleshooting Nutanix Files Issues
Installing and Configuring Nutanix Volumes
- Understanding When to Use Nutanix Volumes
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Volumes Environments
- Deploying Nutanix Volumes
- Configuring Nutanix Volumes
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Volumes
- Failover and Failback Processes
- Understanding Storage Management and Using the Storage Dashboard
- Modifying a Volume Group
Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Volumes
- Firewall Settings
- iSCSI Timeout Sessions
- Troubleshooting Capacity
Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Introduction to Nutanix Objects
- Enabling Nutanix Objects
- Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Objects
- Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
- Configuring Bucket Policies
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Managing Directories and API Keys
- Managing the Object Store
- Managing a Bucket
- Upgrading Nutanix Objects Using LCM
- Monitoring Nutanix Objects
- Replication with Nutanix Objects
Analyzing and Troubleshooting Nutanix Objects
- Troubleshooting Issues with Cluster Deployment, Read/Write, Upgrades, Objects/MSP Cluster using CLI Commands
- Log Collection for Nutanix Objects