This Oracle Essbase 11.1.2: Calculate Block Storage Databases (126.96.36.199) training teaches you the principal techniques and theories for the design of calculations in block storage databases with Essbase Release 188.8.131.52. Expert Oracle University instructors will review database structure and configuration and teach you basic calculation building blocks, including FIX and IF statements.
- Describe Essbase and block storage database structures.
- Develop and test calculation scripts.
- Develop advanced calculations.
- Optimize databases though dynamic calculations.
- Normalize and allocate data.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you'll become familiar with calculation script development methodology and how to correct common calculation errors. You'll learn how to effectively leverage dynamic calculations to optimize database performance and create advanced calculation scripts, such as allocations, cross-database calculations and multidimensional range calculations. By participating in design discussions and hands-on practice sessions, you'll reinforce your understanding of important Essbase concepts.
This course is also suitable for customers using Hyperion Essbase Analytics 9.3.1 or Oracle Essbase 11.1.x.
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms by which Essbase stores and calculates data in block storage databases.
- Learn the default database calculation order and investigate how it relates to block storage data structures.
- Learn practical methods for developing and testing block storage calculations, from the simple to the complex.
- Understand where use of dynamic calculation can improve database and calculation performance.
- Focus calculations on specific subsets of data.
- Compare the different calculation variables available and implement variables in calculation scripts
- Investigate different methods for implementing and planning multidimensional allocations.
Who Can Benefit
- Database Administrator
- Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 Bootcamp