This Oracle Database 12c R2: Clusterware Administration training will explore general cluster concepts and Oracle Clusterware architecture. Work with expert Oracle University instructors through interactive instruction and hands-on exercises to reinforce your learning. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
- Perform Grid Infrastructure pre-installation tasks.
- Describe available cluster configuration options.
- Install Standalone Flex Clusters.
- Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes.
- Manage and administer both Traditional Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Oracle Clusterware.
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
Benefits to You
Learn how to make applications highly available using Oracle Clusterware. You'll walk away with the ability to install, configure, manage, monitor and troubleshoot standalone flex clusters. Furthermore, you will have developed the skills to upgrade and patch Clusterware environments.
- Configure ASM disk groups
- Perform the prerequisite steps for extending a cluster
- Delete a node from a cluster
- Explain the principles and purposes of clusters
- Understand the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Perform the different types of what-if command evaluation
- Install Grid Infrastructure for Standard and Flex clusters
- Add a Leaf node and a Hub node to a Flex cluster
- Understand Flex Clusters architecture and components
- Understand effect of node failure in Flex Clusters
- Verify the installation
- Describe Cluster hardware best practices
- Describe the Oracle Clusterware architecture
- Describe Clusterware architecture
- Install and configure Flex Clusters
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g: Release 2 on Linux Operating System
- Working knowledge of Oracle Clusterware, ASM RAC on Linux
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Install and Upgrade Workshop
- Oracle Database 12c R2: Managing Multitenant Architecture