This Oracle Database 12c: Implement Partitioning training teaches you how to manage partitioning using Oracle Database 12c. Expert Oracle University instructors will demonstrate the benefits of partitioning for different types of workloads and learn the syntax for partitioning maintenance operations. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Apply partitioning strategies to enhance application performance.
- Use partitioning techniques to reduce impact of table and index maintenance.
- Use partitioning to decrease the time to refresh materialized views.
- Partition lob segments, nested tables and object tables.
- Understand the Oracle Partitioning methods for tables, index and materialized views available in Oracle Database 12c Release 1.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
Taking this course will introduce you to several new partitioning enhancements, including partition maintenance operations on multiple partitions, heat maps, partial indexes for partitioned tables, interval-reference partitioning and online move partition capabilities. When the new enhancements are added to all the existing methods of partitioning, this large range of choices and capabilities requires that database administrators and data architects understand each partitioning method and it's appropriate uses. Proper use of partitioning can greatly benefit many types of applications including data warehouses, information life cycle management and very large databases.
- Choose appropriate partition attributes for various application requirements
- Understand partitioning options with other database features
- Describe Oracle Enterprise Manager support of partitioned objects
- Describe the partitioning architecture, uses, and advantages
- Describe the partition types supported by the Oracle RDBMS
- List all of the options for creating partition tables
- Create partitioned tables
- Describe the table and index partition relationships
- List all the options of partitioned indexes
- Create partitioned indexes
- List all of the alterable partitioned table and index attributes
- Describe the overhead associated with each maintenance command
- Use the data dictionary to verify partitioning structure
- Create Materialized Views that are partitioned
- Explain the benefits of partitioning materialized views
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service
Who Can Benefit
- Database Administrator
- System Integrator
- Oracle Database 12c: SQL Tuning for Developers Ed 1
- Grundlegende Kenntnisse über Datenmodellierung und Design
- Grundlegende Kenntnisse über Design von Data Warehouses
- Grundlegende Kenntnisse der Datenbankadministration
- Grundlegende Kenntnisse des SQL-Tunings