This Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle training focuses on Oracle-to-Oracle database replication. Expert Oracle University instructors will deep dive into the Oracle GoldenGate product suite, walking you through various product features. Oracle GoldenGate 12.3 for Oracle introduces the Microservices architecture, which allows for browser-based, REST interaction with Oracle GoldenGate. Both Classic and Microservices architectures are covered by the course, which starts by explaining replication concepts using the familiar, Classic architecture. After solid replication foundations and concepts are explained and explored, the course delves into Microservices, and students are made quickly familiar with the new architecture. Hands-on practices help solidify the theoretical knowledge acquired during the lessons. Students will implement end-to-end replication environments using both architectures, testing the established replication channels with real data, to verify that replication is taking place.
Learn How To:
- Install Oracle GoldenGate on Linux and Windows platforms
- Issue GGSCI commands
- Configure, start, stop and monitor Change Capture and Delivery processes
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and logdump
- Create parameter files to transform data
- Manage multiple Oracle GoldenGate instances
- Create, configure, manage and monitor replication environments using the Microservices Architecture
Benefits to You
- Integrate your organization's disparate data across heterogeneous databases to facilitate sophisticated analysis and faster decision-making
- Become more efficient at configuring and implementing Oracle GoldenGate. You'll learn to install both Classic and Microservices Oracle GoldenGate architectures and prepare the source and target environments.
- Enrolling in this course teaches you how to use the Oracle GoldenGate command line interface (GGSCI) efficiently, as well as the new browser-based interface.
- You'll learn GoldenGate configuration processes.
- You'll also develop the knowledge and skills to configure Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat) and Initial Load. You'll learn how to extract trails and files using Extract Pump, create parameter files and manage Oracle GoldenGate instances.
- Advantages and limitations of the newly introduced Microservices architecture will be analyzed in detail.
- Special consideration will be given to unidirectional replication and capture/apply of both DML and DDL statements.
Explore New Features in 12.3
Features new to 12c, such as Parallel Replicat, and support for Database Sharding are highlighted along the way. This course is based on Oracle GoldenGate version 18.104.22.168. Please note that the labs are done in Linux.
- Design replication solutions using Oracle GoldenGate products and environments
- Install Oracle GoldenGate and prepare the source and target database (assumes Oracle-to-Oracle replication)
- Issue GGSCI commands (batch Obey scripts and command-line interactive)
- and monitor Change Capture (Extract)
- Change Delivery (Replicat)
- and Initial Load
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and utilities such as logdump
- Control network transmission using compression and encryption
- Transform data
- Familiarity with Oracle Database and basic SQL using SQL*Plus
- Familiarity with basic encryption techniques
- Familiarity with editing Linux text files using gedit or vi