This course helps you learn how to gather and examine evidence. You will learn to solve case problems, diagnose their cause and find methods of resolution. Each of these practices challenges you to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue using the GoldenGate software. Learn How To:
- Use GGSCI commands for gathering process evidence
- Use the Oracle GoldenGate troubleshooting tools like Knowledge Documents, Documentation, SHOWSYNTAX parameter and the Logdump utility
- Troubleshoot problems in areas such as extraction, replication, missed transactions, mapping, synchronization, SQLEXEC, file maintenance and more
- Identify what causes slow startups
- Monitor lag and statistics
- Identify network and disk bottlenecks
- Perform tuning of Manager, Extract and Replicate
- Diagnose and tune the latest Integrated Extract and Replicat
- This course teaches you the skills to be self-sufficient in gathering and examining evidence while troubleshooting a GoldenGate environment. You’ll also learn to solve case problems, diagnose their cause and find methods of resolution. Each of these practices challenges you to diagnose and troubleshoot the issues using GoldenGate software.
- You'll develop deeper knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate 19c performance tuning methods, how to identify the causes of slow startups, evaluate lag statistics and solve network and disk bottlenecks. In the practices, you will utilize all of the existing GoldenGate tools, such as GGSCI and Logdump, the health check scripts and the Streams Performance Advisor (UTL_SPADV) to troubleshoot system issues occurring to both classic extract/replicat and integrated extract/replicate.