This PeopleSoft Application Engine/PeopleCode - Accelerated training helps you develop the skills using Application Engine to execute existing programs, modify existing programs and create new programs. Expert Oracle University instructors help you explore PeopleSoft Application Engine and develop the skills used to program batch solutions to manage the data in a PeopleSoft database.
Applies to 8.57
- Create batch solutions to manage data.
- Use Application Engine as a tool for integration.
- Use Application Engine to execute and modify existing programs.
- Use SQL, PeopleCode and flow controls to solve business-based batch processing requirements.
- Use Application Engine to create new programs.
- Use File Layouts.
- Use essential tools to work with Object-Oriented PeopleCode.
- Write, edit and debug PeopleCode programs.
- Manipulate data in the component buffer.
- Create, use and extend application classes.
- Write a program that incorporates the principles you learned in the course.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you learn how to effectively manage and develop PeopleSoft applications to respond faster to an organization's business requirements. You develop the troubleshooting knowledge of PeopleCode. This knowledge helps you further enhance the functionality of your PeopleSoft applications.
Work with Object-Oriented PeopleCode
The PeopleCode portion of the course teaches you the essential tools to work with object-oriented PeopleCode. You actively build programming skills in a PeopleSoft environment. The tools and skills learned in this course help you understand the structure of PeopleCode, while preparing you to move on to more advanced applications.
Build in a PeopleSoft Environment
Throughout this course, you actively build programming skills in a PeopleSoft environment.
This training covers the content from the Application Engine and PeopleCode courses. Please see the individual course descriptions for a comprehensive list of the topics covered.
- Monitor and tune Application Engine performance
- Develop robust Application Engine programs
- Schedule the automatic execution of Application Engine programs
- Use File Layouts
- Reference data in the component buffer
- Create custom objects with application classes
- Use data buffer methods
- Use the Application Engine Designer to write, test, and debug Application Engine programs
- Execute SQL in PeopleCode
- Use PeopleCode development tools
- Describe the Component Processor
- Write PeopleCode programs
- Explain the component buffer
- Access data in the component buffer
- Application class
Who Can Benefit
- Suitable for students using PeopleTools 8.54 or later.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools II
- Programming experience, preferably in an object-oriented language.
- Working knowledge of the PeopleTools development environment.
- Experience developing PeopleSoft applications.
- Basic understanding of PeopleCode
- Experience with general batch processing tools
- Comfortable with PeopleSoft parent/child relationships.