The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes exam (EX180) tests your skills and knowledge of the fundamentals of containers and OpenShift, including the ability to find, customize, run, and manage containerized services in both stand-alone environments, and environments with both Kubernetes and OpenShift.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes , which also counts towards earning a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10.
- Implement images using Podman
- Understand and use FROM (the concept of a base image) instruction.
- Understand and use RUN instruction.
- Understand and use ADD instruction.
- Understand and use COPY instruction.
- Understand the difference between ADD and COPY instructions.
- Understand and use WORKDIR and USER instructions.
- Understand security-related topics.
- Understand the differences and applicability of CMD vs. ENTRYPOINT instructions.
- Understand ENTRYPOINT instruction with param.
- Understand when and how to expose ports from a Docker file.
- Understand and use environment variables inside images.
- Understand ENV instruction.
- Understand container volume.
- Mount a host directory as a data volume.
- Understand security and permissions requirements related to this approach.
- Understand lifecycle and cleanup requirements of this approach.
- Manage images
- Understand private registry security.
- Interact with many different registries.
- Understand and use image tags.
- Push and pull images from and to registries.
- Back up an image with its layers and meta data vs. backup a container state.
- Run containers locally using Podman
- Get container logs.
- Listen to container events on the container host.
- Use Podman inspect.
- Basic OpenShift knowledge
- Creating applications in OpenShift
- Create, manage and delete projects from a template, from source code, and from an image.
- Customize catalog template parameters.
- Specifying environment parameters.
- Expose public applications.
- Troubleshoot applications in OpenShift
- Understand the description of application resources.
- Get application logs.
- Inspect running applications.
- Connecting to containers running in a pod.
- Copy resources to/from containers running in a pod.
Who Can Benefit
- Administrators, architects, software developers, and anyone responsible for creating, managing, or using containers, including those who want to demonstrate their understanding of the key concepts and processes underlying the use of containers in modern software.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures.
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Have taken Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180)
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.
Save up to
Use Promo Code: SurfBoard
Register by September 6, 2019