The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests candidates' knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Satellite Server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas students can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
- Install Red Hat Satellite Server from an ISO image
- Create and configure organizations and locations
- Create and configure Red Hat Satellite users and roles
- Create GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) keys to sign RPMs
- Create and configure development life cycles
- Create a Puppet product repository
- Configure Red Hat Satellite subscriptions, content, and content views
- Install a Red Hat Satellite capsule server using an ISO image
- Build a custom RPM from a source tarball
- Create a Red Hat Satellite activation key
- Create a Red Hat Satellite host group
- Define smart class parameters for a Puppet module
- Register an existing client to a Red Hat Satellite server
- Apply errata to client
- Configure bare-metal deployment on Red Hat Satellite
- Deploy clients using kick starts
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators responsible for managing large enterprise environments
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) interested in becoming Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCAs)
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrators (RHCSA®) or have equivalent experience and skills; being a RHCE recommended.
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course or have equivalent experience.
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) objectives.