When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Develop Lightning Web Components for use in many Salesforce Experiences.
- Work in a modern Salesforce development environment using Visual Studio Code, Git, and the Salesforce CLI in conjunction with a Dev Hub and scratch orgs.
- Communicate between Lightning Web Components using custom events, public methods, and pub-sub.
- Read and write Salesforce data using wire service and imperative Apex.
- Style Lightning Web Components with CSS and SLDS.
- Create forms using standard components and custom controls.
- Develop in a source-tracked org and deploy to non source-tracked orgs.
Who Can Benefit
This class is designed for independent software vendors (ISVs) and web application developers who want to produce custom Lightning Web Components and applications that run in multiple Salesforce Experiences.
Programming experience and familiarity with web application development processes and programs highly recommended.
Lessons and Topics
Lightning Web Components
- Get to Know the Lightning Web Components Model
- Create Lightning Web Components
- Style Components
- Define Component Properties
- Handle DOM Events
- Debug Lightning Web Components
- Work with Salesforce Data
- Use Base Lightning Components
- Raise and Handle Events
- Go Further with Advanced Communication Between Components
Surfacing Lightning Web Components
- Build Lightning Pages with Components and App Builder
- Build Components for Lightning Experience Record Pages
- Surface Lightning Web Components
- Override Standard Actions
- Define a Lightning Application
- Use Lightning in Visualforce Pages with Lightning Out
- Review Other Supported Experiences
Navigation and Layouts
- Use Lightning-Vertical-Navigation
- Use Lightning-Datatable
- Implement Button Groups
- Build Responsive Layouts
- Create a Custom, Responsive Datatable
- Define Public Functions on Components
- Use Service Components and Toast Notifications
- Pass Markup into Slots and Display Modal Notifications
- Review Localization Options
Lightning Web Components and Salesforce Data
- Implement Forms
- Implement Forms with Custom Controls
- Validate Input Data
- View and Edit Salesforce Records
- Wait for Server Requests to Complete
- Understand Org Development Model and Deployments
Jest Tests for Lightning Web Components
Lightning Web Components for Aura Developers