This course is for SAS programmers who want to learn advanced techniques within the DATA step and procedures. The course builds on the concepts that are presented in the SAS® Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course.
- Use additional functions (LAG, FINDC/FINDW, and COUNT/COUNTC/COUNTW).
- Perform pattern matching using PRX functions.
- Process repetitive code, rotate data, and perform table lookups using arrays.
- Perform table lookups and sort data using hash and hash iterator objects.
- Create numeric templates using the FORMAT procedure.
- Create custom functions using the FCMP procedure.
Who Can Benefit
- Experienced SAS programmers
- Before attending this course, you should have completed the SAS® Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course or have equivalent knowledge. Specifically, you should be able to do the following:
- Create an accumulating column and process data in groups.
- Manipulate data with functions.
- Convert column types.
- Create custom formats.
- Concatenate and merge tables.
- Process repetitive code.
- Restructure tables.