Get up and running with Kubernetes: the key to orchestration, cluster management, and microservices in production. This Kubernetes training workshop is a fast-paced engineering overview which sends you back to work ready to begin using Kubernetes in your own environment. Of the limited tools available to manage containers at scale and implement strategies like microservices pragmatically, Kubernetes strikes a delicate balance between powerful capability and ease of use. We focus on getting you up to speed quickly and attaching your use of the tool to the best practices we’ve seen adopted and proven by top-performing IT teams in the enterprise DevOps community. Led by an expert, you’ll get a walkthrough of each major feature and capability Kubernetes offers. Learn how to apply them in your own context and get access to a real-world practitioner who will walk you through demos and answer your questions in class. In two fast-paced days, you’ll be up and running with Kubernetes and ready to start making it part of your DevOps toolbox.
- Enable the ability to use the same APIs for all your private and public data centers.
- Use Kubernetes as a tool to offer “container-as-a-service” capabilities to their teams.
- Automate many traditional operational tasks such as Load Balancing, High Availability, Resource utilization, etc.
- Empower both operational and development organizations to synchronize service delivery and common application outcomes.
- Use Kubernetes to support multi-tenancy and a multi-datacenter control place as an alpha feature.
- Leverage the same open-source Kubernetes technology that has been adopted by Walmart, Pokemon Go, eBay, Red Hat's Openshift, and other high profile early adopters.
- Deliver software and IT services as smaller, faster, and more adaptive components of your overall architecture.
- Take major steps towards implementing microservices in a pragmatic, real-world fashion.
Who Can Benefit
This Kubernetes training class is for engineering teams, leaders, and technology stakeholders who need to help their organization take the next step in orchestrating and managing containers and the services they support. The workshop is of particular benefit to:
- Application Developers
- Operations Developers
- IT Directors & Managers
- Development Managers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Teams practicing DevOps
Although it is not mandatory, students who have completed the self-paced Fundamentals of DevOps eLearning course have found it very helpful when completing this course.