The Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover training course is a three-day technical course focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 solution. With extensive hands-on labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively protect and manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to business in the digital world.
- This course is based on Veeam Backup & Replication v12, part of Veeam Data Platform.
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Veeam security concepts
- Given a scenario, configure a backup job and a backup copy job
- Explain network-attached storage (NAS) backups and configuration
- Describe Veeam’s replication capabilities
- Determine appropriate use case for backups, replicas and/or continuous data protection
- Configure backup infrastructure components, including proxy and repository servers
- Given a scenario, evaluate when and how to apply immutability settings
- Given a scenario, recover data from backups
Who Can Benefit
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for configuring, managing or supporting a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 environment.
Students should have fundamental IT experience working with networking, servers, storage, cloud, virtualization and operating systems.
To get the most out of this course, students should be familiar with the core fundamental concepts of Veeam Backup & Replication either through hands-on experience or by taking Veeam Backup & Replication Fundamentals free online training.
- Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE™) v12 exam.
What can be protected?
- Review of Veeam Data Platform and introduction to the class scenario.
Secure your backup server
- Describe strategies and tools to secure the Veeam backup server to avoid unauthorized access and data leaks.
Application consistency with secure authentication
- Achieve application-consistent backups of virtual machines while maintaining operating system secure authentication.
- Efficiently protect VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines based on well-defined SLAs through the creation of backup jobs.
- Identify the use of protection groups to automate the installation of Veeam Agents and protecting workloads with agent backup jobs.
- List required components and features available to protect NAS solutions.
Optimizing your backups
- Analyze features and settings that allow backup storage optimization, faster backups and data consistency.
- Describe backup data protection mechanisms to avoid premature deletion and unwanted modifications.
Linux Hardened Repository
- Identify characteristics and deployment steps of Linux Hardened Repositories to achieve backup data immutability.
Object storge repositories
- Describe use cases, advantages and considerations to implement object storage solutions as Veeam backup repositories.
Backup infrastructure optimization
- List deployment options and additional settings to improve general backup solution performance.
- Describe use cases, architectures and features of replication jobs and continuous data protection (CDP) policies.
Backup copy jobs
- Ensure recoverability and adhere to the 3-2-1 Rule with backup copy jobs.
- List different mechanisms for data archiving, including grandfather-father-son retention policies.
Scale-out Backup Repository™
- Describe architecture, placement policies, data tiers and management of Scale-out Backup Repositories (SOBRs).
Move and copy backups with VeeaMover
- Identify use cases for virtual machine and backup migrations with VeeaMover.
- Create automated tests to ensure recoverability from backups and replicas.
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Describe the use cases for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
Recovery scenario — Virtual machine failure
- Choose from different methods to recover a virtual machine from the backup.
Recovery scenario — Ransomware attack
- Securely restore a server after a ransomware incident with malware scanning of volumes directly from the backup and as part of the restore process.
Recovery scenario — Agent recovery
- Explore available options to restore data from agent backups.
Recovery scenario — Explorer recovery
- Use Veeam Explorers™ to recover application items directly from image-level backups.
Recovery scenario — Guest file recovery
- Restore guest operating system files directly from image-level backups and from diverse guest file systems.
Recovery scenario — Recovery from replica
- Describe virtual machine states available when recovering a virtual machine from its replica and mechanisms to avoid data loss and interdependent services recovery.
Recovery scenario — Instant NAS recovery
- List steps and considerations to instantly recover an entire file share from its backup.