The Veritas NetBackup Flex Scale 3.0: Administration course is designed for IT professionals who are responsible for deploying, configuring, operating, managing, and maintaining the Veritas NetBackup Flex Scale appliances. This course covers how to deploy and configure NetBackup Flex Scale appliances. Participants learn how to set up, monitor, and manage NetBackup Flex Scale Infrastructure, and configure networks, resiliency, and security. The course also discusses how to perform site-based Disaster Recovery, and configure EMS, optimized deduplication, and AIR. Upgrade, patch management, and troubleshooting NetBackup Flex Scale issues are also discussed.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale and the workloads handled by NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale architecture.
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale configuration methods.
- Explain NetBackup Flex Scale APIs.
- Configure the AD/LDAP server for NetBackup services, Universal Shares, and Instant Access.
- Create a Protection Point for a Universal Share.
- Configure and manage nodes using the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI and REST APIs.
- Explain network management in NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Configure Call Home settings and view Call Home information.
- Explain Erasure Coding in NetBackup Flex Scale and state its benefits.
- Explain NetBackup Flex Scale container failover and mobility.
- Describe NetBackup catalog protection and primary service catalog protection using checkpoints.
- Explain Site-based Disaster Recovery in NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Describe the implementation of STIG and FIPS for NetBackup Flex Scale.
- Describe NetBackup Flex Scale support for Immutability.
- Configure EMS, Optimized Deduplication, and AIR.
- Describe the NetBackup Flex Scale upgrade process.
- Perform a patch upgrade using the Web UI and REST APIs.
- Collect and download diagnostic logs from the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI.
- Check and repair storage from the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI.
- Troubleshoot various NetBackup Flex Scale issues.
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for technical professionals responsible for the design, deployment, configuration, operation, and management of Veritas NetBackup Flex Scale Appliances.
Students must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup and Veritas InfoScale Availability. Knowledge of clustering, storage management, and networking is also required.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
Introducing Veritas NetBackup Flex Scale
- Veritas NetBackup Flex Scale Appliance: Introduction
- NetBackup Flex Scale Architecture
- Understanding Flex Scale Hardware and Software
Deploying and Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale
- Deploying NetBackup Flex Scale
- Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale
- Troubleshooting NetBackup Flex Scale Deployment Issues
- Part A - Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale: As a New NetBackup Domain
- Exercise A: Assigning Management IP Addresses to Nodes
- Exercise B: Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale as a New Domain with Primary and Media Services
- Part B - Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale: As a Scale-out Media Server for an Existing NetBackup Domain
- Exercise A: Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale as a Scale-out Media Server for an Existing NetBackup Domain
- Part C - Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale: Using a YAML Configuration File
- Exercise A: Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale using a YAML Configuration File as a New Domain with Primary and Media services
- Exercise B: Changing the Maintenance User Account Password
Working with NetBackup Flex Scale Interfaces
- Viewing Flex Scale Cluster Information
- Working with the Flex Appliance Management Console
- Working with NetBackup Flex Scale APIs
- Exercise A: Accessing and Navigating the NetBackup Flex Scale Web UI
- Exercise B: Accessing and Navigating the NetBackup Flex Scale Appliance Shell
- Exercise C: Accessing and Navigating the NetBackup Flex Scale APIs Using the Swagger Interface
Setting Up and Managing NetBackup Flex Scale Infrastructure
- Creating and Managing Users
- Setting Up Services, Certificates, and AD/LDAP Settings
- Managing Storage
- Working with Universal Shares
- Managing Nodes and Disks
- Managing Licenses
- Exercise A: Creating and Managing Users
- Exercise B: Setting Up Services, Certificates, and AD/LDAP Settings
- Exercise C: Managing Storage
- Exercise D: Creating and Protecting Universal Shares
- Exercise E: Managing Nodes and Disks
- Exercise F: Managing Licenses
Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale Networks
- Managing Flex Scale Appliance Networks
- Bonding Ethernet Interfaces
- Configuring the Data Network
- Exercise A: Managing Flex Scale Appliance Networks
- Exercise B: Creating and Managing Bonding of Ethernet Interfaces
- Exercise C: Configuring the Data Network
Monitoring NetBackup Flex Scale
- AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring Flex Scale Infrastructure
- Exercise A: Configuring and Managing Call Home settings
- Exercise B: Monitoring NetBackup Flex Scale Infrastructure
Configuring NetBackup Flex Scale Resiliency
- Resiliency in NetBackup Flex Scale
- Handling Split-brain Scenarios
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- NetBackup High Availability and Catalog Protection
- Exercise A: Monitoring Flex Scale Services and Failover
- Exercise B: Protecting the NetBackup Catalog
Performing Site-based Disaster Recovery
- Site-based Disaster Recovery
Working with NetBackup Flex Scale Security
- Understanding STIG for Flex Scale
- FIPS for NetBackup Flex Scale
- Other Security Features
- Support for Immutability in NetBackup Flex Scale
- Deploying External Certificates on NetBackup Flex Scale
- Exercise A: Enabling STIG and Changing the Password Policy
- Exercise B: Creating Immutable Storage
- Exercise C: Managing the Login Banner
Configuring EMS, Optimized Deduplication, and AIR
- EMS Server Configuration
- Immutable Scale-Out Dedupe Storage
- Configuring Auto Image Replication
- Exercise A: Configuring an External Media Server
- Exercise B: Configuring and Managing Optimized Deduplication
- Exercise C: Configuring and Managing AIR
Upgrading and Patch Management
- NetBackup Flex Scale Upgrades and EEB
- Performing Pre-upgrade Checks
- Performing a Patch Upgrade
- Performing a Rolling Upgrade
- Exercise A: Performing Pre-upgrade Checks
- Exercise B: Performing a Patch Upgrade
Troubleshooting NetBackup Flex Scale
- Services Management
- Collecting Logs for Cluster Nodes
- Checking and Repairing Storage
- Troubleshooting NetBackup Flex Scale Issues
- Exercise A: Performing a Full Discovery and Auto Fix
- Exercise B: Generating a Log Package
- Exercise C: Downloading and Uploading Logs
- Exercise D: Performing a Storage Check