Acquire the skills to organize your data, take informed actions, and handle security concerns, new regulations and continuous data growth with the Veritas Information Studio 1.1: Administration course. You will learn the general principles, deployment, configuration, and management of Information Studio, including how to best utilize its reporting capabilities, effectively manage and monitor data, and ensure data privacy, compliance, and optimize storage.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Learn the basic functionality of Information Studio along with different use cases, its architecture, and its benefits
- Explain Veritas Information Studio components: Hub, Remote data Engine, and Windows Agent.
- Discuss deployment topologies and deployment process.
- List role permissions for the available roles.
- Describe organizations, edit a customer account, and grant access to Veritas Information Studio users.
- Learn how to add a tenant, manage certificates, and configure SMTP.
- Explain the available license models and add license information using the license manager.
- Locate and understand the various Veritas Information Studio Dashboard components.
- Capture information using the Veritas Information Studio application
- Configure and add the following: Microsoft Azure connection, Microsoft SharePoint Online connection, Enterprise Box connection, Google cloud storage connection, Microsoft Exchange online connection, Google Drive and Gmail connection, Microsoft OneDrive connection, Generic S3 Cloud Storage connection
- Configure data collection from Native File Servers like NetApp and EMC and Windows File Servers.
- Configure the Microsoft SharePoint on-premises connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the Microsoft SQL on-premises connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the Oracle connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the NetBackup connector in Information Studio.
- Configure the Microsoft Exchange on-premise connector in Information Studio.
- Create, manage, and view policies in Information Studio.
- View monitoring job metrics and download progress detail reports for jobs.
- View the Audit Log metrics, supported filters and export Audit Logs.
- Troubleshoot errors with policies and Data engines.
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, and support of Veritas Information Studio.
Students should be familiar with NetBackup and have working knowledge of Oracle, SQL, SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange. Students should also have working knowledge of VMware.
This course includes practical hands-on lab exercises to apply your new skills in a virtual Information Studio environment.
Veritas Information Studio 1.1: Fundamentals
- Managing information
- Veritas Information Studio: Overview
Deploying Information Studio 1.1
- Information Studio: Deployment overview
- Information Studio: System and requirements
- Information Studio: Deployment prerequisites
- Deploying Information Studio
- Exercise A: Deploying the Information Studio Hub with the default data engine
- Exercise B: Creating a customer admin user
- Exercise C: Configure Active Directory authentication
- Exercise D: Adding the Information Studio license
- Exercise E: Creating a Tenant and IT administrator user
- Exercise F: Installing the Remote Data Engine
- Exercise G: Installing the Windows connector
Working with the Information Studio GUI
- Logging into Veritas Information Studio using different roles
- Working with Organizations
- Licensing Scheme
- Working with the Information Studio Administration Console
- Understanding Dashboard Components
- Capturing information
- Exercise A: Logging into the Information Studio Administration console using the various user types
- Exercise B: Exploring the Information Studio Application
Configuring Cloud Content Sources
- Overview of cloud connectors
- Configuring data collection from Microsoft Azure
- Configuring Microsoft SharePoint Online connection
- Configuring data collection from Enterprise Box
- Configuring data collection from Google Cloud Storage
- Configuring Microsoft Exchange Online connection
- Configuring a Google Drive and Gmail Connection
- Configuring Microsoft OneDrive connection
- Configuring a Generic S3 Cloud Storage connection
Configuring On-Premise Content Sources
- Supported on-premise connectors and their prerequisites
- Configuring data collection from Native File Servers
- Configuring Microsoft SharePoint On-premises
- Configuring Microsoft SQL server
- Configuring Oracle
- Configuring the NetBackup connector
- Configuring the Microsoft Exchange on-premise connector
- Exercise A: Configuring data collection from a Native File server
- Exercise B: Configuring an Oracle connection
- Exercise C: Configuring data collection from Microsoft SharePoint on-premises
- Exercise D: Configuring a Microsoft SQL server connection
- Exercise E: Configuring a Microsoft Exchange server connection
- Exercise F: Configuring a NetBackup connection
- Exercise G: Running the Refresh Data job manually
Creating Information Studio Administration policies
- Information Studio: Policies
- Policy classification
- Exercise A: Creating a custom policy
- Exercise B: Managing policies
- Exercise C: Creating a classification policy
- Exercise D: Using Assess to drag and drop a CIFS folder for quick assessment
- Exercise E: Deleting data
Monitoring and troubleshooting Information Studio
- Monitoring jobs
- Viewing Audit Logs
- Troubleshooting policies and Data engines
- Exercise A: Viewing jobs
- Exercise B: Viewing audit logs
- Exercise C: Monitoring health in Veritas Information Studio