This five-day, hands-on training course provides the knowledge to operate and scale VMware Telco Cloud version 2.x products in a Telco cloud provider environment. In this course, you are exposed to the entire VMware Telco Cloud portfolio, and the tools and methodologies available to ensure they operate effectively. In addition, you are presented with various scenarios where you will be guided through the process of identifying, analyzing, and formulating solutions to performance and other problems.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List the operational challenges for rolling out and operating telco services including 5G.
- Identify the role of VMware Telco Cloud products in supporting telco services.
- Discuss the role of VMware technologies such as vSphere, NSX, and Tanzu etc. in implementing telco services.
- Outline the role of native tools and other VMware monitoring tools such as vRealize Operations and vRealize Log Insight in maintaining network services.
- Choose the VMware Telco Cloud products that meet your application requirements.
- Deploy a solution architecture that meet VMware best practices for delivering services using VMware Telco Cloud products.
- Implement and maintain VMware Telco Cloud products in a secure manner.
- Identify the tools and remediation pathways for maintaining the availability and performance of your applications and infrastructure using VMware Telco Cloud and vRealize Suite products.
- Follow specific steps to resolve application performance and availability problems
- Scale your VMware Telco Cloud products to meet operational requirements in line with VMware best practices.
- Optimize the operation of VMware Telco Cloud products to ensure SLAs are met.
Who Can Benefit
- Experienced system administrators and network administrators
- Customers, cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators
- Network administrators with experience in managed services or managing a Telco Cloud environment
Before taking this course, you must complete at least one of the following courses:
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V1.8]
- VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.0]
- VMware Telco Cloud Infrastructure: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.0]
- VMware Telco Cloud Platform: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.0]
- You should also have understanding or knowledge of these technologies:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Substantial knowledge of containers and VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid
- Experience with working at the Linux command line
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation [V2.1]
- VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance [V2.1]
- VMware Telco Cloud Infrastructure [V2.2]
- VMware Telco Cloud Platform [V2.2]
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Overview of Network Transformation
- Reviews the technologies that enable modern networks
- Lists the components of modern service provider networks
- Outlines characteristics of modern service provider networks in meeting customer application needs
Service Delivery with VMware Telco Cloud
- Outlines the components of the VMware Telco Cloud portfolio
- Reviews the role each VMware Telco Cloud product plays in delivering telco services
- Specifies the dependencies each product has on underlying technologies
Supporting VMware Telco Cloud Service Delivery
- Reviews the products that implements the virtualization, management, platform, and orchestration layers
- Outlines the role played by other VMware products such as NSX in delivering cloud services
- Outline opensource integration options with VMware Telco Cloud products
Securing VMware Telco Cloud
- Reviews security threats that affect telco services
- Identifies the critical telco assets that are prone to attack
- Outlines best practice for securing VMware Telco Cloud products and underlying technology
- Provides overview of appropriate security controls for VMware Telco Cloud products
Assessing Service Provision
- Reviews tools and methodologies used to gather requirements
- Outlines how to assess cloud-native capabilities
- Documenting findings
- Identifying security vulnerabilities with Helm.
- Reviews VMware’s Customer Engagement process
- Capturing infrastructure requirements from TCA
Designing a VMware Telco Cloud Solution
- Selecting appropriate deployment topology
- Pros and cons of design choices
- How a design choice might be affected by other factors such as NSX and TKG deployment, or data center architecture
- Outlines typical scenarios where specific products align with identified requirements
- Documenting a design
- Designing for availability
- Ensuring a design aligns with best practice
- Specifying monitoring options
Implementing VMware Telco Cloud Products
- Review deployment options for VMware products
- Integrating new products with existing ones
- Outline post-installation tasks
- Adding the new products as data sources in monitoring tools such as vRealize Operations and vRealize Operations Network Insight
- Ensuring products meet security requirements
- Configuring monitoring software
- Outlines the xNF onboarding process in TCA
Maintaining Telco Services
- Outlines typical administrative tasks in ensuring services are maintained
- Use of native and other VMware performance monitoring tools
- Reviewing performance data
- Role of SLAs in service maintenance
- Reviews scenarios where known behaviors indicate problems
Troubleshooting Deployed Telco Services
- Reviews the troubleshooting tools available
- Using tools to gather useful data
- Outlines how event correlation can be used to isolate problems
- Using a methodology to determine the root cause of a problem
- Steps to identify and resolve a problem
- Reviews scenarios where known problems are isolated and resolution steps identified
Scaling VMware Telco Cloud Products
- Assessing if operations are impacted by lack of resources now or will be in the future
- Reviews performance optimization options
- Identifies implications for other products if you scale VMware Telco Cloud products
- Reviews VMware sizing guidelines