In our Virtual Cloud Summit webinar, we examine a brief history of virtualization and discuss the business case that saw virtualization evolve into a core component of every business’ IT infrastructure. Two decades after virtualization became a viable business product, we live in an era of cloud computing.
We also examine how VMware is positioned in the multi-cloud era, and we will discuss application modernization from both a technical and a business perspective.
In this webinar, we will:
- Examine the history and evolution of virtualization
- Recognize how public clouds evolved
- Understand how VMware has adapted and positioned itself in a competitive public cloud landscape
- Define application modernization
- Show how VMware is an essential and core component of a dynamic and connected workforce, leveraging public and private cloud infrastructures, software defined networking and software defined storage
Speaker: Bob King, Senior Solutions Architect for VMware LearningVMware
Bob King is a Solutions Architect for VMware Learning and has a passion for creating training plans that lead to success. Over the years he has been certified to teach Novell, Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware courses, written a dozen books to guide technical students toward successful completion of certification programs, and has taught everywhere from Turkey to Alaska. Bob graduated from the University of St. Thomas with a Bachelor of Communication, holds a Master of Education in Instructional Design and Technology, and more technical certifications than he can count.